.22 rimfire conversion kit

mmcbeat

I’m considering a .22 rimfire conversion kit for my G17. I go to the range and blow through my weekly ration of ammo pretty quick. Thinking about shooting .22 rimfire from the same gun and spending more time shooting. Would appreciate your thoughts. And suggestions regarding available conversation kits. Thanks!

Well your initial investment for a Glock conversion is close to a dedicated 22lr pistol. I'm not sure what the accuracy would be with the conversion. I was there were you are at now and choose a dedicated 22lr pistol. Practicing with the conversion will not be the same as your Glock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using Tapatalk

The Advantage Arms 22LR kit I have for my G27 surprised me with smaller groups than with 40S&W ammo.

It feels good using the same frame, trigger and sights (I installed the same sights on its slide). It is lighter due to the slide being made of aluminum instead of steel. Their barrel is steel though.

I also have the Advantage Arms 22LR magazines in G19 and G17 sizes with X-Grip sleeves like the 40S&W G23 and G22 magazines that I use with my G27.

The conversion will never be exactly the same as your Glock but it replicates more of the Glock than any dedicated non Glock pistol would.

Edited by I Am Groot!
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, I Am Groot! said:

The Advantage Arms 22LR kit I have for my G27 surprised me with smaller groups than with 40S&W ammo.

+1 on the AA kit. I’ve had one for the G22 since 2007 and I know I’ve run 3000 rounds with no problems. Surprisingly tight groups.

My Advantage Arms (AA) upper has shot great little groups.  It is a bit fussy about ammo (the documentation covers this); but it does like cheap Remington Golden Bullets.   I like the AA so much that I built an 80% "glock" frame specifically for it.

• Like 1

G19 AA again, and it works well.  I like the conversion because it has the same trigger pull.  One piece of advice I have followed was to fire a couple of mags of 9mm afterwards, and before I leave the range.  Supposed to help with getting adjusted to full power again.  Does that work?  I have no idea, but it’s a lot of fun!

Hawk

1 hour ago, Brown Hawk said:

G19 AA again, and it works well.

1 hour ago, dudel said:

My Advantage Arms (AA) upper has shot great little groups.

I don’t know when you guys got yours but when I got mine it shipped to my home. Do they still do that?

I waited 4 months 

Edited by DUBSY

10 minutes ago, DUBSY said:

I don’t know when you guys got yours but when I got mine it shipped to my home. Do they still do that?

I waited 4 months 

I got mine when .22 was selling in bricks of 550 for $10-$12.  So I really don’t remember.  Since it is not a gun, home shipping shouldn’t be a problem.

Hawk

9 hours ago, I Am Groot! said:

The Advantage Arms 22LR kit I have

2 hours ago, DUBSY said:

+1 on the AA kit. I’ve had one for the G22 since 2007 and I know I’ve run 3000 rounds with no problems. Surprisingly tight groups.

2 hours ago, dudel said:

My Advantage Arms (AA) upper has shot great little groups.

2 hours ago, Brown Hawk said:

G19 AA again, and it works well.

It sounds like the consensus is the AA conversion kit.  A quick search online shows the going price for a Gen 3 G19 kit to be around $280.

Are there any other players in this market, or is AA the only game in town?

55 minutes ago, DUBSY said:

I waited 4 months 

I got mine from CMC Government Supply (the name is misleading, they sell to anyone).  They shipped to the door.  The conversion kit is not an FFL item.

If you have a suppressor, they have threaded barrels available.

http://www.cmcgov.com/Shop-By-Brand/ADVANTAGE-ARMS/

Edited by dudel

1 minute ago, c10bonanza said:

It sounds like the consensus is the AA conversion kit.  A quick search online shows the going price for a Gen 3 G19 kit to be around $280.

I got mine from CMC.  They are less than $265.

http://www.cmcgov.com/Shop-By-Brand/ADVANTAGE-ARMS/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, c10bonanza said:

Awesome, thanks!  Never bothered to look at cmcgov before.  I always thought it was LEO/.gov sales only.

Same here!  They really need to change their name!  They do have special pricing for agencies; but anyone can buy.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I bought an Advantage Arms kit for my G17.  It is fun to shoot but I get tired of the 10 round magazines.  A friend bought his first Glock, a G19, and he was having a hard time getting used to it and couldn't hit with it.  He bought an Advantage Arms kit and I know that he ran in excess of 5000 rounds through it.  Getting used to the trigger pull helped him tremendously.  Once he mastered the trigger, he put the 9mm top end back on it and he shoots the G19 very well now.

When I saw how flawlessly his conversion ran, it caused me to buy mine.  His nor mine has given any problems.  I use CCI Mini Mags in mine and he uses Federal bulk ammo.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:02 AM, c10bonanza said:

There are others but AA seems to be the best. There's also the RIA/Armscor conversion for 22 TCM9R which is a reloadable centerfire 22  that propels a 39 grain bullet at 2000 fps out of a pistol barrel and is based on a 9mm case and uses standard Glock magazines. If you had a Glock 23 you could have 5 guns in one: a 40, a 9, a 357 Sig, a 22 LR and a 22 TCM9R. The 22 TCM9R is different from the regular 22 TCM which uses longer bullet and is seated out further in the case,. It's made to work in a 1911 type pistol

https://armscor.com/firearms/conversion-kits/conversion-kit-for-glock-19-23/

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/4806015580195

• Like 1