Remington Mag Tube Swager

BamaBud

Most of you know that later Remington shotguns come with two detents in the mag tube instead of the ball detent on the cap.

Anyway, if you want to put a mag extension on the tube, you have to remove the detents. I have the swager that allows you to pound them out.

I'll loan the tool to any member that covers postage both ways. Several members of GT have borrowed it, so I thought I'd make the offer here.

PM if interested.

Edited by BamaBud
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
Most of you know that later Remington shotguns come with two detents in the mag tube instead of the ball detent on the cap.
Anyway, if you want to put a mag extension on the tube, you have to remove the detents. I have the swager that allows you to pound them out.
I'll loan the tool to any member that covers postage both ways. Several members of GT have borrowed it, so I thought I'd make the offer here.
PM if interested.

That’s awesome. I was looking for one of these and not wanting to buy one new for $35, and it brought me to this forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2018 at 12:51 PM, SC Tiger said:

What purpose do the dimples serve?  Does removing them hurt anything if you want to go without the extension?

The dimples keep the OEM follower from going off the end of the tube. If you put on an extension, the follower still won't go past the standard position, limiting the capacity to stock.

You want the follower to go into the extension, you have to remove the dimples. Only then do you get the capacity afforded by the extension.

On 11/22/2018 at 2:55 PM, BamaBud said:

The dimples keep the OEM follower from going off the end of the tube. If you put on an extension, the follower still won't go past the standard position, limiting the capacity to stock.

You want the follower to go into the extension, you have to remove the dimples. Only then do you get the capacity afforded by the extension.

If you then go back to the standard setup, does removing the dimples cause any problems?