Lead Blood Test

Lagamor

Anyone ever had a Lead Blooc Test done? Just had my blood test done and they came back as normal. I wanted have a baseline to measure against as I age.

I think it's a good idea for everyone even if you only shoot. The lead from spent primer dust may add up over time if you shoot at an indoor range on a regular basis. But if you reload or especially cast it's probably more important to have this done. 

I'm more concerned about reloading shotshell, because loading the bottles of shot release a "fair" amount of dust, most of which is graphite, but some has to be lead. Lotta shot bouncing around. I also think Wet Tumbling brass is a good idea. Now if I could just find a better way to decap shells.......

Yes, I had one done recently. Like you I wanted a baseline. I was concerned with all the shooting and reloading I do it was the sensible thing to do.Back in the 80's in London all the police indoor ranges were closed down because ALL the instructors were found to have lead blood levels that were through the roof and one with cancer as a result. Of course they were exposed to lead dust Monday through Friday 0800 to 1600 for years before it was discovered.

• Thanks 1

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.