The Swampfox Thread

Swampfox762

22 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Guys like that suck. A guy did something like that to my wife when she was in college with a Ruger Redhawk. 5 powder puff loads and one final full patch hunting round. She got hurt. Gun got damaged. He freaked out and blamed her. 

When we started dating she wanted nothing to do with guns. Or anyone who had guns. It took a lot to get her to go shooting with me. It was a long difficult day of instruction but she had a great time after being taught right. 

I was at the range with an assortment of firearms.  At the station next to me was a beautiful woman in her 30's, and I assume her boyfriend.  He was shooting a Red Hawk and the concussion was exceptional.

He talked her into squeezing off a round and she appeared to hate it.  She refused repeated efforts to shoot it again.  So for almost half an hour, he slowly shot the pistol while she winced each time.  I felt sorry for her not having a good time.

So I pulled out a .22 target pistol with a Green Dot sight, and shot it a few times.  The girl peeked around the partition and watched with what seemed like fascination.

Then I smiled at her and offered her the pistol to shoot.  She smiled wide, and I showed her how it worked.  Then she seemed in seventh heaven shooting, and shooting, and shooting.  she had a string of bulls eyes at 30 feet which cheered her up no end!   She may have gone through a few hundred rounds.

They packed up to leave about the same time I did.  In the entry area she seemed so happy and thanked me profusely for all the fun she had.  She kept her targets too.

I was so pleased to see her realize that she could shoot well with the right pistol, and enjoy the novelty of a Green dot to boot.  Her male companion was polite, but I don't think he was too happy with the visit.

Sometimes it's more important for a person to have some successes to encourage them, then to try to impress them with the pain and noise of something uncomfortable to them.

I consider it a good day at the range when I can let someone benefit from an unusual firearm I have and see them enjoy the experience.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1