Lynx 12

PPQer

Anyone else have one of these?  I bought Saiga rifles in every caliber under $200 each, but the price on the Saiga 12 went too high for me, so I kept procrastinating.  Then came politics and a ban on importation, and I missed my chance.  So I thought.

SDS Imports, a TN company, decided to have a version made in China.  It started with the Cheetah 12, then they added some improvements, and relabeled it the Lynx12.  It kicks like a mule, and has that short butt stock feeling of an AK, but it is a solid shooter and very well made.

Hooray for Capitalism, and G-d Bless America.

415002746_1.jpg

Here is the SDS Imports description:

Lynx LH-12 Semi-Auto Shotgun, 12 Gauge

The LH-12 is an imported semi-automatic shotgun designed by SDS Imports.

The Lynx 12 is the next evolution in 12 Gauge Kalashnikov styled shotguns. This shotgun is similar to the Russian IZ 109 AK shotgun in design but offers many more shooter friendly features. The Lynx 12 interchanges with most Saiga parts like stick mags, handguards & muzzle devices. You can easily upgrade the rear stock to a Tactical set up if you desire.

Hammer forged bolt for increased strength and long life.

Any Saiga 12 style magazine is compatible.

Chrome lined 19” barrel, 3” chamber.

Left side scope rail for quick attach/detach scope mounts

Standard Right side charging handle

Bolt hold open button.

Rear V with a bead front sight

Any aftermarket AK pistol grip will fit.Most AK standard stocks with fit without modification (922r applies)

AK Safety

Standard AK triggers fit with only slight modification to the hammer.

Barrel threaded for Saiga style compensators.

Front forearm can be replaced with Saiga rails and aftermarket forearms.

Four position gas system. Off, Low, Medium and High.

Comes with one year manufacturer warranty for defects and workmanship.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/lynx-12g-ak-style-semi-auto-shotgun/

The Cheetah 12 from SDS Imports was a savior for the Saiga style AK shotgun fans of the world when Saiga was banned from import, but not everyone was a fan of the changes that were made from the traditional AK design. Well, SDS has listened to demand, and we are now pleased to offer the new Lynx 12 shotgun.
The Lynx 12 is the same extremely reliable Kalashnikov action adapted to run 12 gauge but maintains a more traditional profile with AK style grip and stock as well as the right-side charging handle. These still feed from common Saiga 12 style magazines, which are available in many capacity sizes, as well as Saiga muzzle brakes. Add in the chrome-lined barrel, 4 position adjustable gas system, hammer forged bolt and trunnion and rugged 1.5mm receiver, and you have a tank of a shotgun designed to exceed your expectations!
Comes with one 5rd magazine and owner's manual

3rqxw5.jpg

Edited by PPQer

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2020 at 2:22 PM, PPQer said:

Anyone else have one of these?  I bought Saiga rifles in every caliber under $200 each, but the price on the Saiga 12 went too high for me, so I kept procrastinating.  Then came politics and a ban on importation, and I missed my chance.  So I thought.

SDS Imports, a TN company, decided to have a version made in China.  It started with the Cheetah 12, then they added some improvements, and relabeled it the Lynx12.  It kicks like a mule, and has that short butt stock feeling of an AK, but it is a solid shooter and very well made.

Hooray for Capitalism, and G-d Bless America.

415002746_1.jpg

Here is the SDS Imports description:

https://www.classicfirearms.com/lynx-12g-ak-style-semi-auto-shotgun/

3rqxw5.jpg

That is really a nice shotgun.  I thought about one like that a couple years ago, but decided to go with a Tri Star Raptor Automatic.  A little cheaper that yours but not much.

Really have enjoyed it.  I still really like your Lynx 12 though.

Raptor.jpg