texas cop kills home owner

ASH

39 minutes ago, AK_Stick said:

Trying to label me a cop hater, will not change the facts. Although your attempt to attack my character instead of the actions of the former officer who’s not supported by his own chief are very telling.

You don’t understand much. Certainly not me. 

But good oof luck with that. I’m sure you’ll make up a bunch of possible scenarios excusing the cop accused of murder again. Just like you did with the Goines case. 

Don't forget the Amber Guyger case where I pretty much laid out the unfolding events but you and others saw it as defending her.  Even the ADA went with the events, although did tried to smear her that she wasn't paying attention due to the sexting from her bf. 

True Guyger was found guilty but what's interesting is that Joshua Brown, the key witness, in his testimony said he did not hear Guyger issue police commands while she stated she did.  Turns out Brown might be a drug dealer.  Do drug dealers like cops?  Would Brown smudge one little bit of truth (ie: did not hear Guyger issue police commands) during his testimony?  IDK. 

And of course, there was the judge hugging Guyger after the trial.  What motivated that?         

Edited by PATCHMAN

They are charging the cop with murder...that will never stick, but it’s what the crowds are screaming for.

it wasn’t a welfare check but an open door. Possible robbery or home invasion.

the woman came to the window with a gun in her hand, nephew said pointing it at the window.

if a gun is pointed at an officer, he has no requirement to identify or yell “drop the gun” he is in a life threatening dangerous situation and has every reason to believe he will be fired on any time.

playing video games with a nephew at 2:30am is out of the ordinary, seeing someone with a flashlight in the backyard is reason to call the police, not point a gun out the window at an unknown.

the cop will be acquitted, the riots and speeches will happen, the fundraising letters will go out, interviews will be held...the cops life is over

17 hours ago, AK_Stick said:

LOL, cop quits his job after shooting, police chief says he wasn’t justified, and patchman is still trying to defend the guy. 

Sad. Predictable, but terribly sad. 

Of course 

They are charging the cop with murder...that will never stick, but it’s what the crowds are screaming for.

the woman came to the window with a gun in her hand, nephew said pointing it at the window.
if a gun is pointed at an officer, he has no requirement to identify or yell “drop the gun” he is in a life threatening dangerous situation and has every reason to believe he will be fired on any time.

playing video games with a nephew at 2:30am is out of the ordinary, seeing someone with a flashlight in the backyard is reason to call the police, not point a gun out the window at an unknown.

the cop will be acquitted, the riots and speeches will happen, the fundraising letters will go out, interviews will be held... the cops life is over

The charges are likely to stick as TX doesn’t have manslaughter.

What applies to the citizen applies to government agents (who are also citizens).

I cannot comprehend the idea that the officer’s safety trumps the safety of the people he’s sworn to protect...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Mjolnir said:

The charges are likely to stick as TX doesn’t have manslaughter.

What applies to the citizen applies to government agents (who are also citizens).

I cannot comprehend the idea that the officer’s safety trumps the safety of the people he’s sworn to protect...

Cops are held to much higher standards that citizens as they are supposed to run towards danger rather than away.

the citizen who sees someone in their backyard with a flashlight at 2:30am should call the guys who are supposed to run towards danger and then shelter inside.

the officer was not protecting the person pointing a gun at him, the safety of the officer was not trumping anything. When confronted with a unknown person on a suspicious call with a gun pointed at him....he’s not sworn to protect the person about to shoot at him, but the public endangered by them.

woulda, coulda, shoulda, I woulda, he shoulda.......is not a charge in court.

im not gonna recliner lawyer the case, I don’t have all the facts. Neither does anybody else not directly involved, just rampant speculation of the media reports.

this scenario has unfolded many many times before and the officer is a scapegoat and an “easy out” for the political leaders.

The officer won't be aquitted. Be causse door was open screen doors were closed. Neither officers said who they were. They were in backyard shining flashlights. As the police chief said all his other officers said this officer fucked up. And in alot of states it is not illegal to have a gun or be holding it in your house.the other officer said she only the woman's face. All will come out. As far as pointing gun that came from 8year old pointing at window could be 5,7 10 feet away. It doesn't state she had gun up against the window.And even if she had gun pointing against window all she thought was there are prowlers outside and I got my nephew in here. Not stating you are police makes it a whole nother scenario.  His amazing speed of not talking and zooming to lawyer is. Telling. And not cooperating did its damage. Main thing is nobody knew they were officer s because they never said who they were.  That's the way it is. It was not burglary call either

Edited by ASH
  • Like 1

Let's say I'm at home. Doors open but screen doors closed. Someone happens to call non non emergency number I'm doing same thing that night plus it was stated all cars were in driveway. I hear noises from my backyard I get my gun and see flashlights .I get my gun. Someone fires thru my window. BUT nobody gets hit  .I'm taking a defense stance and buddy if you are in my yard unannounced and I feel threatened. Someone is gonna get lit up. I don't know a call has been made and cops never say hey we are police. There will be gunplay. As I'm allowed to protect me my family and my home period

Edited by ASH

32 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

All will come out, I agree

how many lies and bs will be shouted from the rooftops before it all comes out is an issue

Depends on which side lies.  Let's keep it civil I know some are gonna try to get thread locked

I think I told this story on the other forum.  A few years ago I came home to hear noises from a bathroom.  I was 99% sure there was someone in there.  I was armed so I covered the door and called the boys in blue.  I'm pretty sure I said some impolite things to the dispatcher because she insisted that I put the gun down.  Yeah, we actually argued for a bit.  As i passed the first cop on the stairs he said something like "you good"?  He asked if I was still carrying.  That was it.  Jerk didn't even ask for my license.  

Always fun to have 3 or 4 cops tell you about your roof leak after calling 911 for a possible intruder.  

I'm assuming he had his stuff together and made a threat assessment about me.  I wonder if that happened here.  

To the Lincoln, NE PD...my bad.  

11 minutes ago, nmk said:

I think I told this story on the other forum.  A few years ago I came home to hear noises from a bathroom.  I was 99% sure there was someone in there.  I was armed so I covered the door and called the boys in blue.  I'm pretty sure I said some impolite things to the dispatcher because she insisted that I put the gun down.  Yeah, we actually argued for a bit.  As i passed the first cop on the stairs he said something like "you good"?  He asked if I was still carrying.  That was it.  Jerk didn't even ask for my license.  

Always fun to have 3 or 4 cops tell you about your roof leak after calling 911 for a possible intruder.  

I'm assuming he had his stuff together and made a threat assessment about me.  I wonder if that happened here.  

To the Lincoln, NE PD...my bad.  

Edit

Edited by Dric902

4 hours ago, Dric902 said:

the cop will be acquitted, the riots and speeches will happen, the fundraising letters will go out, interviews will be held...the cops life is over

Can you find a case where the chief came out and said the officers actions weren’t justified and a jury acquitted the cop?

ol boys quitting, and the Chiefs statements already indicate how this is going to go in court. Especially coming on the heels of Amber Guyager’s verdict, and quite possibly Gerald Goines who’s charged with murder for the Harding street raid. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ASH said:

Depends on which side lies.  Let's keep it civil I know some are gonna try to get thread locked

Funny you should mention this, I just read an article a couple days ago about a list of known liars in a certain profession and how they still testify and ruin peoples lives.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/investigations/2019/10/14/brady-lists-police-officers-dishonest-corrupt-still-testify-investigation-database/2233386001/

34 minutes ago, Mike said:

Funny you should mention this, I just read an article a couple days ago about a list of known liars in a certain profession and how they still testify and ruin peoples lives.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/investigations/2019/10/14/brady-lists-police-officers-dishonest-corrupt-still-testify-investigation-database/2233386001/

That is why all our vehicles have dash cans front and back with audio. and you can swivel cams out drivers and passenger doors.                                                    Also like I said anyone can lie but on the roads I don't take chances after my wife a few years ago went to a pampered chef get together and she just threw some supplies in back seat .they made cookies. She got stopped for nothing. There was a Ziploc bag of  powdered  sugar. Cop then went into Cocaine mode. After alot of bs she said taste it.            He let her off with a warning to slow down. Suffice to say we didn't just ignore it and he is no longer a leo he works as a guard at Central prison.    Now it's kinda funny every time someone says sugar.  But it all worked out. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AK_Stick said:

Can you find a case where the chief came out and said the officers actions weren’t justified and a jury acquitted the cop?

ol boys quitting, and the Chiefs statements already indicate how this is going to go in court. Especially coming on the heels of Amber Guyager’s verdict, and quite possibly Gerald Goines who’s charged with murder for the Harding street raid. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/17/us/black-deaths-police.html

when the media circus begins, the cops are on trial, and many never recover. 

Most police shootings are found to be legally justified,” said Philip M. Stinson, an associate professor of criminal justice at Bowling Green State University and a former police officer who tracks police crime.

“Under the relevant Supreme Court case law,” Mr. Stinson said, “if an officer has a reasonable apprehension of an imminent threat of serious bodily injury or deadly force being imposed against the officer or somebody else, then they’re justified in using deadly force.”

While criminal convictions are uncommon, many families of those who died have agreed to settlements of $850,000 to $6.5 million.

2 hours ago, Dric902 said:

when the media circus begins, the cops are on trial, and many never recover. 

2 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Most police shootings are found to be legally justified,” said Philip M. Stinson, an associate professor of criminal justice at Bowling Green State University and a former police officer who tracks police crime.

“Under the relevant Supreme Court case law,” Mr. Stinson said, “if an officer has a reasonable apprehension of an imminent threat of serious bodily injury or deadly force being imposed against the officer or somebody else, then they’re justified in using deadly force.”

While criminal convictions are uncommon, many families of those who died have agreed to settlements of $850,000 to $6.5 million.

The problem is you’re using justified shoots to try and defend one’s that aren’t. 

We already know this wasnt wasn’t a good shoot. As evidenced by even the chief of police coming out and saying this guy screwed up and his actions weren’t justified. As evidenced by his quitting as soon as he got back to the office. As evidenced by his body cam. 

He’s not getting off, the charges are certainly going to stick 

17 hours ago, Dric902 said:

I thought that in the Guyer case, the jury was allowed to consider Manslaughter?  

I expect a similar outcome here - conviction, but relatively light sentence.