Right-to-carry gun bill clears Wisconsin Senate committee

RussP

Right-to-carry gun bill clears Wisconsin Senate committee

MADISON — A Wisconsin Senate committee has passed a bill that would allow for the carrying of concealed weapons without a permit.

The Republican-controlled Senate Judiciary and Public Safety Committee voted 3-2 along party lines Tuesday to pass the measure. It now heads to the full Senate, which could take it up next month.

Current state law requires anyone who carries a concealed weapon to obtain a permit and get training.

But the bill would do away with the license requirement for someone who wanted to carry a hidden weapon.

I live in Wisco, and am not too sure I like this bill.  Seems to me CC comes with alot of responsibility and a permit and class is not a bad first step.  One of many that should be taken to be a competent carry participant.  Granted the class and permit are super easy to complete, but at least it is something.  I would rather the powers that be get on with the Hearing Protection act, and easing or eliminating the paper work on SBR's  

• Like 1

On 9/23/2017 at 1:34 PM, CalmerThanYou said:

I live in Wisco, and am not too sure I like this bill.  Seems to me CC comes with alot of responsibility and a permit and class is not a bad first step.  One of many that should be taken to be a competent carry participant.  Granted the class and permit are super easy to complete, but at least it is something.  I would rather the powers that be get on with the Hearing Protection act, and easing or eliminating the paper work on SBR's  

Is that required under the Second Amendment of the United State's Constitution?

• Like 1

I live in Wisconsin too. A monkey could pass the rules for cc which is good but wow did we have some really upstanding people in our class. One lady said she wanted to scare a neighbor so thought getting the cc would get her out of legal trouble when she pulled the gun. Cop doing the cc looked like he was hit by a dump truck. It's so easy in Wisconsin that I wish they would get in with the suppressors and sbr stuff and push the Feds along. 

4 hours ago, CalmerThanYou said:

I love the 2A as much as the next guy...

Apparently not as much as me and a lot of others like me if you believe in mandatory classes for CC.

"Right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed...but you must take a class to bear arms."

Nope, doesn't say that. I just checked it again.

Yeah, dude you probably love it more.

I am one to take the responsibility of carrying a firearm with a great degree of prudence.  Perhaps everyone, or many, consider the depth of this responsibility.  Most probably practice the safe storage, carry and operation of a firearm and how to be ultra proficient with it.  I assume most consider the serious implications if one actually had to defend oneself or anyone else with deadly force and understand what an imminent threat is .  I suppose most that carry understand one must be 100% sober to do so.  Concealing or open carry for that matter, of a firearm on your person involves a great degree of discipline, restraint and expertise.  Or at least it should.  Going to a class or two and paying a small fee to obtain a permit does nothing to change any of the above.  So I suppose my argument is hollow without the self driven commitment to constantly improve your degree of competence.

You are assuming that anyone who does not agree with mandatory classes for carrying a firearm somehow, automatically, is not a responsible firearm owner. Wrong.

But back to the Second Amendment...where is the mandatory training required there? Can you find it? I could not and still can't.

Edited by JJHNSN

Actually I was hopefull that those that chose to carry are responsible and competent.  You may notice I used the word "Most" alot in my post above.

The 2A you keep combing over makes no mention of CC, SBR's, Magazine Capacity, suppressors, automatic weapons and a list as long as dudes house coat of other things.  

Anywho...I think we shall agree the 2A has been well trampled on.  If you don't believe me pick up a full auto SBR, strap it to your back and walk down main street wherever you live.  When you get arrested whip out that copy of the 2A you have been reading up on and see how that goes.  In my part of the world we have a good track record of voting in politicians with a good grasp of gun rights.  So it's all good, or at least decent. I think.

20 hours ago, CalmerThanYou said:

Actually I am putting forth very little effort.

That probably explains why you are failing so hard in the attempt. :)

I notice how you keep utterly dodging the question about where this training requirement appears in the Second Amendment.

Edited by JJHNSN

It is really rather simple.  The 2A does not address concealed carry whatsoever.  It also does not expound on SBR's, suppressors, trigger weight, magazine capacity, automatic weapons, bayonets, body armor, switchblades, potato guns, pellet guns, cc classes, weapons training, qualifications, car guns, truck guns, cc permit cards, transporting guns across state lines, tracer rounds, SBS's, Sig arm braces, night vision, grenade launchers, Laser sights.  You probably should include your federal, local and state laws into your reading, just in case the 2A is unclear on any of the above items or activities.

P.S. If Wisconsin creates a two hour class and a small fee for a quickly delivered permit to acquire and legally own SBR's and automatic weapons, I will be first in line.

"does not address concealed carry" ... you mean besides the "right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" You keep trying to deflect from the issues, but at least you finally came clean on where you really stand on the Second Amendment. You are a genuine pro-big brother/government RTKBA Fudd.

Edited by JJHNSN

Why are your replies so dam'n Kooky?  And who the **** are you to judge me?  Everything I typed above is spot on.  Pro-big brother Fudd??, that is a classic asshat comment. 

The 2A is tempered with a dose of reality, that is where you seem to drift into delirium.  Still waiting for your stroll down main street kooksville with the full auto, unstamped SBR and your laminated copy of the 2a in hand experiment results.  Your right to bear arms is indeed infringed, as are every other citizens.  So do something about it, effect some change.  

Good thing I am actually calmer than you, or I might get mad :)

You keep repeating yourself and are making zero sense.

You now conclude that the 2nd Ammendment is already compromised by government regulations "your right to bear arms is indeed infringed" and what is your conclusion? More infringement.

Now that is kooky.

Yes, you are a nothing but a RTKBA Fudd.

Edited by JJHNSN

Oh Snap!!  You got me Bro.  I infiltrated the the ranks of this forum to mind wash you with my alt-left ways.  You are a super sleuth to have sniffed me out.  Well I would love to chat more but I have a football game to go to and lock arms with my snowflake pals to unite against something or another...then off to the next stop of Hillary's book signing.  Dam'n gun nuts have a keen sense for outing us Fudd Lib's

Daft and Obtuse, sounds like a Alt folk rock band. 

Layers bro, we have many layers regarding gun rights.

Layer 1.  The second amendment.  The foundation from which all American citizens gun rights are established.  You know the "Right to Bear Arms" and the "Shall Not Be Infringed" along with many other ideas written so long ago by such smart men.

Layer 2.  The Federal Government decided long ago this Second Amendment is "OPEN TO INTERPRETATION"  This has lead to gun rights being defined on a federal level by The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, firearms and explosives.   Lead to the implementation of the NFA, FFA, GCA, FOPA, and a bunch of other flavor of the day laws like the gun free school zone act of 1990.  This layer also contains all the court rulings on how limited your Second Amendment Rights are going to be.  Circuit courts are currently engaged in conflicting arguments regarding carry rights ..See The ninth and tenth circuit courts rulings, most recently Peruta V. San Diago County.  The Supreme Court has not ruiled on the right to carry in public for self defense.  This layer is where we are fully off the tracks of "Shall not be infringed"  like it or not.

Layer 3. State and local laws\regulations.  This is where the author of this thread began.  There are three kind of states regarding the OG post of concealed carry.  Shall Issue, May Issue and Constitutional Carry States.  In Wisconsin to achieve a CC permit on must take a approved course (Hunter safety may apply in some cases) apply, and then obtain permit.  Some states require classes and proving live fire exercises.  The may issue states the issuing authority usually the DOJ has full discretion as to or not to issue a citizen a permit with nebulous criteria like "Good Cause" to issue.  So in 9 states you have to make a plea to obtain a CC permit.  Seems like more INFRINGMENT to me.

So let us be crystal ******* clear.  Your rights as granted by the Second Amendment have been deemed "OPEN TO INTERPRETATION" by the Federal Govt. the Court System, and Your State and Local laws and regulations.   They will decide what rights you have.  So get your "Right to bear arms" t-shirt or tat but at least have some basic understanding how the gun rights you are subject to evolve.  In like reality man.

The more you blather on the more you reveal your true colors as an advocate for further restricting the rights recognized by the Second Ammendment. You first showed your hand when you advocated for mandatory training classes to keep and bear arms, and you've only further reveal it the more you keep responding. As I said, you are just a classic FUDD when it comes to the RTKBA. You advocate MORE restrictions, not less. You are not merely content with status quo of the restrictions you are eager to have more restrictions. Sad.

You can post all the tacticool range toys you want, and deflect with obscene gestures but the the plain and simple hard fact remains: you are advocating for MORE gun right restrictions, rather than LESS.

Elmer_Fudd__Gun_Contwol_by_AngryDogDesig

Edited by JJHNSN

On 9/27/2017 at 4:53 PM, JJHNSN said:

"does not address concealed carry" ... you mean besides the "right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" You keep trying to deflect from the issues, but at least you finally came clean on where you really stand on the Second Amendment. You are a genuine pro-big brother/government RTKBA Fudd.

See, I'm doing my best to see both sides here, but then the name calling starts, and your credibility heads straight down the toilet, and the other guy wins.

We're all a lot better off using our brains instead of our hearts if we're going to keep winning these arguments.

• Like 1