Things I Learned at the Range Today

Moshe

The Aimpoint Patrol Optic, sucks in direct sunlight, great for CQB.  There is no brightness adjustment.  The local range puts tiny little squares at the minimum of 50 yards.  You can see it, but it is tiny and dull.  Enough to kill a man sized target easily.  The Primary Arms on the Arsenal AK, you can make as bright as you want, and tears up the target at 50 yards more accurately than the Aimpoint Patrol Optic on a Colt M4 AR-15.  Either way, they will do the job.  But, my load out for my Spartan Steel Plate vest is decided in favor of the Arsenal AK with the Primary Arms optic.  Getting ready for the Tropical Storm Barry that might become Hurricane Barry.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 5:47 PM, AK_Stick said:

The pro has 10 brightness settings, how is it non adjustable? 

The Aimpoint Patrol has adjustment the dots position, but not its brightness.  The Primary Arms had a brightness adjustment for daylight.

• Like 1

Patrol Model, doesn't have an adjustment other than an X Y access.  In bright daylight it washes out.  The benefit of the Aimpoint Patrol model, is you can shoot with both eyes open.  In direct sunlight it is a tiny pinkish dot.   There is not brightness mode, I checked it thoroughly.  In an inside environment, cloudy day, or dark it would work great.  

Edited by Moshe