White House Nominates New ATF Director,

Mike

I received 2 different emails on this topic this evening, one from GOA and one from the ASA (American Suppressor Association).

GOA says the guys is antigun and to contact your senators to stop his confirmation, the ASA says the guy is the best for the job and to urge your senators to confirm him.

Does anybody know why the 2 groups are at odds over this guy?

If he supports what GOA says he does, why is the ASA having the opposite view of his positive or anti gun stance?.

ASA Email

ASA Supports Chuck Canterbury for ATF Director

WASHINGTON, DC – The American Suppressor Association (ASA), the unified voice of the suppressor community, fully supports President Donald Trump’s nomination of Chuck Canterbury to serve as the next Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). ATF has been without a permanent director since B. Todd Jones resigned in 2015.

“As the regulating body of our industry, ATF has a tremendous amount of control over our ability to operate and create jobs,” said Knox Williams, President and Executive Director of ASA. “Because of their influence over our businesses, the ATF Director is, for us, one of the most important politically appointed positions that President Trump will fill. His nomination of Mr. Canterbury, which does require Senate confirmation, falls directly in line with his campaign promise to work with the firearms industry and protect the Second Amendment. Mr. Canterbury’s resume and reputation highlight that he is the leader that ATF needs in order to become the bureau that they are intended to be.”

For the past 16 years, Mr. Canterbury has served as the President of the National Fraternal Order of Police (FOP). During his tenure, in 2009, Mr. Canterbury went on record saying, “I want to mistake to be made. I take a back seat to no one in my reverence for the Second Amendment.” Prior to FOP, he spent 26 years on the Horry County, South Carolina police force, ultimately achieving the rank of Major (Deputy Chief).

We urge you to contact your Senator using the button below to urge them to confirm Mr. Caterbury quickly.

Read the complete press release HERE.

GOA Email

Trump’s Pick for ATF has Supported a Litany of Gun Control

Urge your U.S. Senators to reject the anti-gun Chuck Canterbury nomination. Your emails will tell your Senators that the anti-gun FOP President is NOT the right choice to lead the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).

The wording of the email GOA wants you to send to your senators

I am a voter and supporter of Gun Owners of America, who tells me that the President has picked an anti-gun candidate to head the ATF.  

The nominee is Chuck Canterbury, and he is very anti-gun:

* He has testified before Congress to support anti-gunners like Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor and Attorney General Eric Holder. 

* Under his watch, the FOP backed Congressional measures to expand the unconstitutional and failing NICS system -- which is the same system where 95% of the initial denials are false positives.

* And on the state level, the FOP under his watch has supported Universal Background Checks and opposed Constitutional Carry. 

Again, please oppose Chuck Canterbury to lead the ATF.

I know the Texas Gun Association went after the lead Republican who said Constitutional Carry would allow more violent criminals to own guns.  I guess the crazy Russian that shot up Cleveland proved him, very, very, wrong.  I hope he looses his seat in the State.

As for GOA, they have a hard line stance against anyone who would infringe the 2A in any way.  That is why they are pursuing Trump for requiring bump stock owners to destroy their own property.  GOA, doesn't play. 

So, the most aggressive 2A Advocates are the Texas Gun Owners Association, GOA, then the NRA.  The NRA sells magazines and even when you have Arms Care through them, and when you are on a multi-year commitment, have donated more than that, they will still call you up and harass you for more.  They have even been known to cold call Life Members.

That is the break down.

• Like 1