Red fire ants !!

SilverRidge01

1 hour ago, Moshe said:

No need to rush.  I let them lay where they are unless someone wants them.  I don't eat them, they are unclean.  But, I am not going to jump down someone's throat for doing so.  It is not my place to dictate their conscience. 

Yes come to think of it people of the Jewish faith do not consume pig or pork. They are definitely dirty animals, I usually, like I reflected in a prior post give the carcass away, the person usually offers me a piece and out of curtesy I'll take it and later chop it up for the dog who just loves the meat. One can go out hunting these animals and literally see hundreds in a few hours, you can really see and test the ballistic performance of your reloads, they are tough thick skinned beasts ...

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:38 PM, SilverRidge01 said:

Yes come to think of it people of the Jewish faith do not consume pig or pork. They are definitely dirty animals, I usually, like I reflected in a prior post give the carcass away, the person usually offers me a piece and out of curtesy I'll take it and later chop it up for the dog who just loves the meat. One can go out hunting these animals and literally see hundreds in a few hours, you can really see and test the ballistic performance of your reloads, they are tough thick skinned beasts ...

That is a good point.  Butcher a large animal is no joke.  You think a deer quarter looks light until you cut about the ball joint and you catch it while it is hanging.  But around here, if you don't wash it down and then put in a cooler with ice or head straight out and get ice it will spoil quickly.  It amazes me how quickly the flies gather on a fresh kill if you aren't expeditious about it.  Those feral hogs are big boys too.  But, they are a blight upon the land so killing them off is a service to crops and land they tear up.  If it is not hot out the chance of getting wormy ones minimize.  When it is hot out, I am not sure I would subject man or beat to potential trichinosis.  If it appears good, in the interest of chesed, I would give it to anyone who wants/needs it.  It is like fishing with friends.  If I get a catfish, I give it to someone who can eat it.  In turn I might end up with more bass.  In my mind, that seems like a good exchange.  But, lately with Harvey knocking homes into the Trinity River and by the massive lake, I am dubious about the fish as health advisories have been put out about how much it is okay for an adult or child should eat due to the contaminates.  I forget when they made the artificial lake and dam,  but they cleared a whole forest and it is large enough to be in several counties.  Kind of ruined fishing for me.  Before that going out with a guide and getting white bass and striper were fun.

• Like 1