Disturbed Reticle

Jammersix

7 hours ago, Jammersix said:

Can anyone explain to me what a "disturbed reticle" is in small words?

The only article I read was written by a fighter pilot, and when I was done, I still didn't know what the hell it is, or why the infantry would want one.

I know what a reticle is.

Flew fighters in the USN for 20 years(F-4, F-14, F-16N) and I have no idea what a 'disturbed reticle' is. Wonder if he means a fixed reticle vs one that is a 'lead computing' type..used for air to air..F-4, fixed, F-14, lead computing sorta, F-16..true lead computing.

Edited by usnret
  • Like 1

Do you mean the “smart scopes” with two dots, one for boresight and the other for bullet impact point?

you use the first one to ID and track till the second in adjusted by the software. When it comes time to shoot, use the second (adjusted) one after locking in the computation

never miss

Edited by Dric902

4 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Do you mean the “smart scopes” with two dots, one for boresight and the other for bullet impact point?

you use the first one to ID and track till the second in adjusted by the software. When it comes time to shoot, use the second (adjusted) one after locking in the computation

never miss

I'm not sure what it means.

The best explanations I've read seem to say that a laser, ballistic computer and sight are all necessary parts of the package. Which seems to me that it defeats the purpose of the six pound weapon it's mounted on...

Just now, Jammersix said:

I'm not sure what it means.

The best explanations I've read seem to say that a laser, ballistic computer and sight are all necessary parts of the package. Which seems to me that it defeats the purpose of the six pound weapon it's mounted on...

It’s a lot more complicated than I explained, but a first shot kill is well worth it