Double Pariah

Moshe

As you might see from my icon, I come from Jewish ancestry, yet I have accepted Yeshua, which essentially tosses me in the category a man without a "country" so to speak.  My mother has five Jewish ancestors, and my father one, which created my ethnicity.  Yet, my maternal mother, who passed OPMD to my mother and me, was an Atheist due to the fear of the shoa.  It is interesting my mother's side is Bukhara.  That tends to carry the gene that affects that particular ethnicity young and harder on males than females.  My early pictures when my Grandmother married my Grandfather who brought Lowe's heritage with him she could have looked like the spitting image of Sara Silverman.  Interestingly enough my sister got the brown hair, brown hair, and darker skin.  I cam out lighter with hazel eyes (when they decide to work).  We were raised like goyim.  All the Jewish relatives, had expired by then,  the one that  I tracked down the errant gene to was shot and killed by a suitor to one of his daughter's, so I can I feel somewhat good about that in a twisted way.  Those relatives that didn't immigrate in in the 1800's and 1930's all ended up in the Shoa (Genocide), which is why the Jewish traditions were not followed, as my maternal Grandmother feared the Shoa, and rightly so.  During WWI, many of her relatives were held in POW camps all over the United States.  Then, ironically in WWII, most of them enlisted in the Marine Corps to fight Hitler.  But, when she saw what was happening to the Japanese, and as dark as she was, she feared the camps.  She destroyed records.  But, spending hours with my parents with names in the Jewish registry, I found 6 relatives.  There could be more, but having six Jewish relatives and knowing where my disease came from, and how was enough for me.

Ironically, even though, we weren't practicing Jews, it was the same as growing up in a Jewish household.  This is why I love Jewish comedians, because you can run from a religion but not an ethnicity.  Things like having your last name butchered, to questions about circumcision, to overbearing parents.  This were phrased differently, but it was all the same.  Instead of my mother saying, "So, you like your beard like that?"  It was more, "I really don't like your beard."  To growing up with guilty and a meritocracy system for love, and bartering for goods among each other. etc.  I married a shiksha, so my kids are blonde and blue eyed like their mother.  However, he is afraid due to swastika on his school an Anti-Semitic remarks, he uses the bathroom stall because he doesn't want the other boys to see he is circumcised.  So, much to my parents chagrin, I am exploring my roots, trying to teach myself the ALEF-BET, like I was a child.  Not that I am rejecting Yashua.  It is just I want to read in the language of my people.  So, I figured I would start like any child learning a language, which would be my third.

6 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

We have some good friends that are Messianic Jews

good on ya

Thanks, being rural, I haven't found a group yet.  We keep the Shabbat, but my wife prefers more of conventional church (SDA), but I prefer getting closer to the roots and going Messianic.  The only one close is in south Houston, and she doesn't want to go, so I am kind of stuck.

6 minutes ago, Dric902 said: