Trijicon HD XR

c10bonanza

Anyone tried these?  I’ve got a couple of the original HDs and like them.  The HD XRs have a thinner front blade which should allow for more accurate shots at greater distances.  That’s not really a concern for a defensive handgun (close contact encounters), but I thought it might be nice for a woods gun   

Anyone compared these to the original HDs?  Thoughts?

19 hours ago, BMyers said:

Wife and I have them on on our G19s. We switched out the HDs for them. They work as well as the HD sights and you are correct, over long distance it makes a difference.

Thanks for the feedback.  Sounds like a good compromise for fast acquisition and longer range shooting.

I put them on my M&P 2.0 Compact. I don’t really care for them. The dot isn’t as prominent as the regular HD’s yet prominent enough to distract from the more precise aiming point of the thinner front post, if that makes any sense. I don’t get the benefits of quick acquisition of the larger dot on the normal Hd’s or the benefit of a less prominent dot and a thinner front sight of the Warren or Dawsons I’m used to. 

8 hours ago, Appalachained said:

I put them on my M&P 2.0 Compact. I don’t really care for them. The dot isn’t as prominent as the regular HD’s yet prominent enough to distract from the more precise aiming point of the thinner front post, if that makes any sense. I don’t get the benefits of quick acquisition of the larger dot on the normal Hd’s or the benefit of a less prominent dot and a thinner front sight of the Warren or Dawsons I’m used to. 

That’s an interesting perspective.  Trijicon’s specs state that the dots are the same size on both versions.  But I could see where if more light is on either side of the thinner post it might feel like the dot is thinner.