Considering a G26...Pros & Cons?

Redhat

I have carried the G26 the last 2 years. If you don’t pocket carry you don’t have to have the G43. The G26 is awesome any gen you find it’s a great pistol. If you want more rounds get the Glock 12 rounder or the Magpul brand. Both work well.

The only con is you only get a 2 finger grip. Practice with both mag types you carry. I’ve standardized on the Magpul 12 rnd and it’s been no problem except with win American steel. But works with all other types of ammunition. And that’s the only problem, that Ammo works just fine in the stock 12rnd mags.

The pistol is really just the right size for hiding and shooting. Hides like a subcompact shoots like a full-size with the 12 rnd mags. Even with the 10rnd mag it will surprise you with the 2 finger grip. You get used to it.

I just noticed I posted here before. Opps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have medium sized hands, and I am not a fan of the Glock 26, for the simple reason it twists in my hands as I push the trigger and it goes left  I never had that problem with Glock non-subcompacts.

I’ve experienced that with the 43, so I had to give it more finger.

If you haven’t yet, consider trying the medium beavertail backstrap on a Gen 5. I use that configuration on my 26 & 19 and the pistol stays planted and feels better to me.

10 hours ago, hoppyjr said:

I’ve experienced that with the 43, so I had to give it more finger.

If you haven’t yet, consider trying the medium beavertail backstrap on a Gen 5. I use that configuration on my 26 & 19 and the pistol stays planted and feels better to me.

I just shoot full size pistols these days.  It seems to work for me.

I own a G19 and a G26, both Gen 3, but carry concealed a G43. My thoughts:

- There seem to be three variables involved: ergonomics, magazine round count, and concealability. Hand size tends to be a deciding factor in the ergo debate, but not the only factor. The round count debate tends to ignore studies which show that the typical gunfight involves 3-5 rounds at close range (implying that a 6 round magazine will fill the need just fine). The concealability debate is tempered by the fact that all three guns are very concealable, but the G43 is obviously the only one that could be considered a "pocket gun".

- I really don't think that there is much difference between the G19 and the G26, especially if you insert as G19 magazine into a G26; but, YMMV....

- If I was forced to choose to keep only one of them, I guess I would keep the G 19. Fortunately, I don't have to make that choice ?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have carried Glock sub compacts for 15 years. Started with a G29sf as my arthritis started went to the g27. Post my 70th birthday i decided to go to 9mm. Tried Shields but didn’t like the ergos so went back to the G 27. A year after the P365 came out bought one and carried it for a few months and really liked the conceal ability and capacity. Found it just a little snappy but accurate during slow fire but follow ups were getting a larger spread than i wanted.

So back to Glock and picked up a G26.5. Carry my G26.5 daily now. Love this firearm. Groups are tight recoil is softer than any single stacks I have owned. i am used to carrying a Glock sub compact and the 26.5 conceals well. The accuracy is superb. For SD this firearm fits my needs.

I must admit that my G23 and my G20 are still accurate and manageable for me but now relegated to bed stand duty and home defense. Still won’t part with my 27’s and the 29sf. Exercise all of them at least once a month just to stay familiar with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

When choosing to use pinky or mag extensions test fire before buying if possible. I looked at several reviews that indicate pinching can be an issue for some.

I chose to build a G26 and could not be happier with it. It shoots as well as my G17 builds and is much easier to conceal. Like my other builds, it functions flawlessly(because they all use Glock OEM internals) with anything I feed it. The 10 round mags are more than adequate and shooting it as designed is actually very comfortable for me. I put 100 rounds through it on the first range outing and could have continued indefinitely.