Maybe A G26 Gen5

nmgunshooter

I carry a gen4 G26 95% of the time (G43 when I want something thinner and G32 in the woods).  I find it easy to conceal with a Remora holster at the appendix.  It will hit the 10K round mark on my next range trip, and has been trouble free (excepting HST +P 147 grain ammo that I posted about on this forum).  Before that I carried the gen3 G26.  I plan to check out the gen5 one of these days.

I switched to the G26 from the G27.  My feeling is that .40 rounds don't perform that much better (if at all) than 9mm +P gold dots.  I like the softer recoil and lower expense of 9mm vs. .40.   Mainly, I shoot better with the G26, and that's what should be the main decider in a carry gun.

• Like 1

I have an FDE Gen3 G26 that doesn't get much love these days. Mostly I carry a G19 or G43. Back in the day when it was a G22 on duty and G27 off duty it made more sense but now with the Micro-9mm, sadly my G26 just sits in the safe. I still love the pistol and enjoy shooting it once in a while but for me, and the way I carry, there isn't enough difference between a G19 and G26 to make me want to carry the G26. YMMV.

• Like 1

I carry G26 on-duty as a backup gun to my issues G17. 

I also carry it off-duty most days now. After years of carrying a jframe revolver off-duty I decided to start carrying a little more. 

The baby Glock is extremely versatile. It can be a ankle gun with the flush fit mag or it can be a small discreet belt gun. I carry it with the factory +2 extension and I carry a G17 magazine as a reload. 

I shoot the G26 almost as well as the G17. The less than full grip has never slowed me down much. 

• Like 2

I was carrying a G26 gen4 which I was completely satisfied with, but I decided to take advantage of Glock's Salute to Veterans and traded it in for a G26 gen5 with my local Blue Label dealer. I love this gun even more than the old one. The marksman barrel IS more accurate for me, I prefer the gen5 finish over my old one, and as a Glock Certified Armorer, there are internal changes that I really appreciate, like the captured trigger spring and the redesigned slide stop lever spring.

I've gone through several EDCs since I've been carrying, and the G26 is by far my favorite. I expect to be carrying it (gen6 at some point, I expect) for a long time. It's a perfect combination (for me, anyway) of size, weight, accuracy and reliability.

• Like 1

I carry my G26 (along with the G43 and the G19 just depending on my mode), I like it. Easy to carry and conceal, plus you can take it from 10 round magazine to a 33 round magazine making it very versatile. Our CFO carries G26 everyday in the office. 

• Like 1

I said this in another thread, but I will repeat it again here because I like the G26.5 so much.  My current job issues Glocks, so I sold my assorted collection of pistols and standardized on Glock. I currently have two G19.5 and two G26.5 to choose from. All four have Trijicon HD (Orange front) night sights, same as my issue pistol. My favorite holster is the kydex Raven Phantom for the G19 which works just as well if I’m carrying a G26. All my spare magazines are G17 17 rounders which fits G19 and G26. My chosen carry round is Gold Dot 124+P. This is as simple a setup as I can come up with. KISS. Of all the nice pistols I have had over the years, I couldn’t be any happier than I am with my Glock 9mm four piece set. :patriot:

• Like 2

I traded my Gen 4 G26 in on a G19X. But as I was waiting for the paperwork to go through I handled the Gen 5 G26. I can say that it is likely my next Glock purchase.

Why would I trade a perfectly good Gen 4 G26, only to consider the Gen 5? The trigger and ergos. Something about the Gen 5 G26 just feels better in the hand. And the trigger is buttery smooth. So coupled with the Marksman barrel, the Gen 5 G26 is everything I'd want in a subcompact semi.

As I've stated in other posts, I never intended to upgrade from my Gen 4 Glocks. I still have my Gen 4 G17 and Gen 4 G29, both of which I'll keep. But the Gen 5 (or 4.5 as in the 19X) is definitely a viable upgrade.

• Like 1

The G26/G27 size have always fit my hand better than the G19/G23's, and I find them much easier to conceal and shoot with also. Either one can and does jump into my holster for a ride into town fairly often, and I feel well armed with either. Back up mag is always a G17 mag full of pleasant surprises for occasions they they may be called upon. 

While I have not handled the G26/5, I do have the G17/5 which i dearly love. I would suspect the G26/5 to have the same trigger and feel and were I looking for another G26 I would look seriously at a Gen 5.

• Like 2

I’ve  got a Gen4 G26 and love it. I’m one of the guys that the G26 fits my hand better than the G19. 

With the G19 I get slide bite at times if I don’t watch how I’m gripping the gun. But with the G26 that does not happen. 

The G26 carries very well. I use magpul 12 round mags and factory Glock 10 round mags with the +0 extension from Pearce. Both have been 100% reliable.