My definition of a TACTICAL rifle

aimtrue

One definition of a tactical rifle is that the piece is precisely accurate at LONG RANGE in the hands of a highly trained shooter.  I do not find any conflict with this.  However, I might add, that a tactical rifle is also one with embellishments to make it greatly more precise at SPECIFIC distances in the hands of the average shooter.

Years ago shooting a Remington 700 with a Leopold sight, at 200 yards I could put rounds within an inch of each other.  Today, after living for over eight decades, I am only an average shooter and require aids to shoot decent patterns at much shorter distances.  Physical infirmities have diminished my physicality and shooting skills. Yet, with an enhanced tactical long gun, my accuracy at specific distances is far greater than it would be shooting a stock weapon.

I have embellished a Ruger9  PC carbine that I use for home defense and recreational shooting.  I have added to the basic configuration a Vortex Crossfire Red Dot Sight, a SuperComp Muzzle Brake and a CVLife Bipod.

My accuracy at defensive distances and beyond to 40 yards is very good.  Farther distances to 75 yards reduces my accuracy somewhat but not to make it non-lethal.5b37f47196695_Zeroed15yardbipodtarget.thumb.jpg.a9b3f93b898f707584f2952b94c20e3b.jpg5b37f0d5bc731_Ruger9mmPCCarbine19100R.thumb.jpg.ad1582292ecd83bd899c25f33257b74c.jpgl.

Edited by aimtrue