Anyone own a Kahr K9 or K40?

Brasso

I've been thinking about replacing my current edc, a Walther PPS M2.    It's a nice gun and while I do shoot it well, I just don't care for the trigger.    It's gritty with enough creep to be classified as take up.     I hear the Kahrs have really nice triggers.     Im a big fan of double action handguns.   I don't know why, but I shoot DA really well.   Better than single actually, so I think I'd like the Kahr.     

Try as I might, I just can't comfortably conceal a double stack pistol without going to a lot of trouble that I don't want to deal with, so I'm sticking with single stacks for CCW.     No need to go into that.

For those who own one, how is the reliability and support?

Thanks,

They're nice and very reliable.  Not hit and miss like their polymer pistols.  I have a Black Diamond K40 and five of their polymers.  My P45, P9, and PM9 are perfect.  P380 and P40 are total crap.  The K40 is excellent.

First I do not have the K series Kahr pistols. I do have the PM9 with polymer lower, with about 200 rounds down the pipe.

I EDC in 9mm with Gold Dots and Federal 147s. It is a dream to shoot, get 4" groups at 8 yards, which is fine by me for personal protection. Added Big Dot sight package. Kahr = Quality.

My $0.02

I have a K9 and MK9. Both are reliable and easy to shoot accurately. I prefer the MK9 but the K9 is a nice gun too. The MK9 is 23.4 ounces empty w/mag inserted and the K9 is 26 ounces. Both have great triggers.

SDC12065.JPG

I used to own a Kahr E9, the all black earlier version of the budget K9. It was a great gun with a nice heft, very accurate and reliable. The issue with Kahr is not their guns, it's their magazine followers. Every time I would pull a spare mag out the top round was pointing up. Made it impossible for me to carry one in my pocket and it did not perform much better in a leather mag holder. Lakeline LLC has come up with a much better metal follower as well as a really nice +1 mag base pad. Had they come out with those years ago I would still own that E9. Instead of I own a Kahr CW9 with several Lakeline LLC followers and base pads.

I used to own the K9 and the MK9. Solid pistols, reliable.

I carried the MK9 for several years, although I never shot it all that well. I think it was that the grip was just to small for me?

Traded them both, sadly, for something forgettable..............