Another Safe Queen of Mine at the Bottom of the River

DrB

Sometime around 1984 I read in SOF magazine of the Steyr Maadi AKM that were brought in, 2,000 of them.  Cost was $1,250.00.  They were made in Factory 54 in Egypt on the original tooling. The closest thing to a correct AK that is out there, I'm told.  It has all the correct stock pins and forearm swells. All the correct stampings on the receiver as assembled. It is beautiful, but it does have a couple of marks from the crate they were shipped in.

Price was too high for me back then but they did not sell so well.  Mine I got new for around $350.00. Serial number way, way under the 1,000 mark. I do have the import papers and all that.  Could not find ammo back then so into the safe it went.  Midway had the only ammo if I remember correct.

Was offered $350.00 a few years ago for it.  Yep right...... 

It sat aside of my SP1 until I lost both in a canoeing accident on the river this spring....

Dave..

• Sad 1

Yep,  You can see one of the stock pins and the proper swells in the fore grip. Can't see if that one has the correct crows feet in the receiver though .  They are worth some big money now.  I'll pull mine out and get some pictures if anyone is interested.

Dave..

Edited by DrB