Smith & Wesson model 64 Overseas Police turn-ins

Borg warner

Smith & Wesson model 64 Overseas Police turn-ins $399.95 AIM Surplus it says some of the guns come with wooden grips, others with Pachmayrs. I would prefer th wooden grips vut would add a Tyler T-grip adaptor to the skinny "Magna" service grips.

https://aimsurplus.com/smith-wesson-model-64-3-38spl-4-in-revolver?utm_source=AIM+Surplus+Main+List&utm_campaign=57830ca204-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_02_08_01_58_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6870497a6a-57830ca204-18010613&mc_cid=57830ca204&mc_eid=69a58b8f84

AIM also has Sig P226 police trade-ins for $389.95 and Glock 22 gen 3's for $299.95. I've bought guns from AIM before and they're a good company to do business with.

64.jpg

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 1

That is a real treasure.  They don't make them like they used to. What ammo do you carry in it?  It would be a good candidate for Plus+P.

I have no reservations about shooting and carrying +P ammo in that gun.

I carry 135g +P Gold Dot short barrel in it. I actually carry that load in all my revolvers regardless of barrel length or if they’re chambered in .357 mag.

Years ago I carried Nyclads or the old FBI load.
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Collim1 said:

I have no reservations about shooting and carrying +P ammo in that gun.

I carry 135g +P Gold Dot short barrel in it. I actually carry that load in all my revolvers regardless of barrel length or if they’re chambered in .357 mag.

Years ago I carried Nyclads or the old FBI load.

The FBI load is still good but Winchester, Remington, and federal versions vary in terms of velocity. The Underwood 38 Special +P 158 Grain Lead Semi-Wadcutter Hollow Point Gas Check  load gives full velocity and is a coated bullet.  I think Federal could actually bring back the Nyclad and use powder coating instead of nylon and it would be cheaper to produce.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020447150/underwood-ammunition-38-special-p-158-grain-lead-semi-wadcutter-hollow-point-gas-check-box-of-20 

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 1