Florida people check in. Irma only gonna tell you once!

Rabbi

I loaded a few hundred rounds of 9mm (nothing else to do).  Was about to start loading some .45 and the power went out.  Eye is still hundreds of miles south of us.  I suspect it's going to be a long unpleasant night and Monday.

Worst is passed , still 50 mph winds. no power, but generator is chugging along. Trees down on driveway out so I am stuck here for a while, but no matter - there is a curfew.  House is basically hurricane proof. The screened in porch -not so much. Blew out one wall. Daytona airport recorded a 95 mph gust.

i'm satisfied with the outcome; could have been a lot worse.

Wp

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hannie Caulder said:

I'm home again.  Stayed with my brother in Jacksonville.  Part of my fence went down, no other damage.  I am very fortunate.

Keys got hammered.  Pray for those poor people.

Good to hear you're in good shape. 

• Like 1

We lost power yesterday around 1300 and got it back a couple of hours ago. This Tropical storm did some insane amount of landscaping damage to the community, and general area, but the house is ok.

Gotta say if it were not for us losing UPS's, we would likely have had ATT internet through the whole thing.

Comcast is out.

Came thru ok here in Miami. Lots of branches down around the house, but no damage to house or family. Our little town took a pasting tho. Many beautiful 100 year old trees destroyed: either blown over or blasted apart. One reported death in Miami from some genius running a generator inside their house.

We're going to get Irma'd all tonight and tomorrow>

I've still got a full gas tank from, like, three weeks ago,  the generators are still un-purchased, stocked up on a gallon of iced tea and most of a case of beer, and my car windows are rolled up!

We'll hurricane-party until the wee hours and then start looting!