Florida people check in. Irma only gonna tell you once!

Rabbi

• Administrators

Pretty good huh? Yeah? Huh?   (hangs head in shame)

Alright Florida folks.  Keep updating us. 

I have plans for the Destin area in a few weeks. It looks like my plans will be ok but if Irma keeps heading west, so much for my time in the Redneck Riviera.

You know aviation.

What are the chances of a commercial airlines flying into Atlanta at 10am on Monday? Right now NOAA is saying 25+mph wind with gust to ~40, and A LOT of rain. Much worse slightly south of there.

I'm pretty sure I've flown in worse.

Edited by Huaco Kid

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Huaco Kid said:

You know aviation.

What are the chances of a commercial airlines flying into Atlanta at 10am on Monday? Right now NOAA is saying 25+mph wind with gust to ~40, and A LOT of rain. Much worse slightly south of there.

I'm pretty sure I've flown in worse.

Different planes have different limitations of flight.  A 25 headwind is not the same as a 25 crosswind. 

I guess what I am saying is, I do know about this stuff.....but I do not know the answer to your question. 

I am in the try-county area on the east coast. We, according to the current track have dodged a huge bullet.  it appears the most we will get is a cat 1 storm. However I have a friend in the Miami Beach area who I lost contact with this morning. She couldnt evacuate(parents did not adequately prepare) and she was very scared. I'm very concerned for her, and her families safety.

Looking outside now(impact glass) it's starting to get a little windy with passing showers.

3 minutes ago, Gun Shark said:

I am in the try-county area on the east coast. We, according to the current track have dodged a huge bullet.  it appears the most we will get is a cat 1 storm. However I have a friend in the Miami Beach area who I lost contact with this morning. She couldnt evacuate(parents did not adequately prepare) and she was very scared. I'm very concerned for her, and her families safety.

Looking outside now(impact glass) it's starting to get a little windy with passing showers.

I hope it turns out well for your friend and her family.

• Like 1

I cleaned the gutters, cut the grass, de-cluttered the outisde of our house, emptied the screened patio, brought the BGE inside, even brought my mailbox inside.

This is not the 4 day weekend I was looking for. :)

It might be even longer...we found out today, school (for the kids) is cancelled through Tuesday.  Many areas are using public schools as shelters...so I suspect until people go home and the schools are cleaned up, there can be no school.

Wow...in Tallahassee, the city is giving away free generators, and even delivering them to each major intersection.  I can't imagine some of these don't disappear.

https://twitter.com/COTNews/status/906587773263638529

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Generators being placed at major intersections around town to keep traffic signals powered post-storm. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/IrmaTLH?src=hash">#IrmaTLH</a> <a href="https://t.co/uKLGP6I99j">pic.twitter.com/uKLGP6I99j</a></p>&mdash; City of Tallahassee (@COTNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/COTNews/status/906587773263638529">September 9, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edited by njl

Still here. An hour left of my shift. OMG, the refugees and homeless folks. Everybody is tired, cranky, and entitled. And then they met me. Now they're tired, cranky, and triaged appropriately.

Gotta get back to work by 1700 tonight to beat the wind. Hoping and preparing to leave right at 0700 Monday morning.

Y'all be safe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tadbart said:

Still here. An hour left of my shift. OMG, the refugees and homeless folks. Everybody is tired, cranky, and entitled. And then they met me. Now they're tired, cranky, and triaged appropriately.

Gotta get back to work by 1700 tonight to beat the wind. Hoping and preparing to leave right at 0700 Monday morning.

Y'all be safe.

Stay safe! Don't blow off the road.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tadbart said:

OMG, the refugees and homeless folks. Everybody is tired, cranky, and entitled. And then they met me.

The company that contracted me was forced into a controlled shutdown, to alleviate environmental concerns, and cancelled us.

I was actually looking forward to experiencing the storm.  It was the prospect of having to deal with the mass-exodus of psychotic refugees that really had me worried.

1 hour ago, Glockzilla10mm said:

Prayin for y'all...we're supposed to get 2 to 5 inches of rain here in east TN...and HF wind gusts..

1 hour ago, Glockzilla10mm said:

I meant TS force winds!! 

NOOB!

Dude the thread is for Florida People. Not Tennessee people. :599c64bfb50b0_wavey1: I tried to find the "tongue out" smiley but couldn't. :/

For that door, my main concern is actually just rain splash dumping off the roof onto the pavers and hitting under the bottom of the door.  We're high enough, that if rising water is an issue, all of FL will be under water.

At about 3:00PM, west of Daytona, continuous light rain, continuous 20 mph wind with some gusts to 35. Calling for 6-9" of rain by the end of it tomorrow afternoon.

and now the important stuff:

All 600 feet of the outside range is now officially under water. The indoor range is still high and dry.

wp