Covington bishop apologizes for prematurely condemning students in viral incident with Native American elder

pipedreams

"The bishop overseeing Covington Catholic High School apologized Thursday for his and the Diocese’s rush to judgment of the students in the viral incident at the Lincoln Memorial.

The Most Rev. Roger Foys initially condemned the students for the supposed actions towards Native American elder Nathan Phillips and said their “behavior is opposed to the Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.”"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/covington-bishop-apologizes-for-prematurely-condemning-students-in-viral-incident-with-native-american-elder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

Doing the right thing would have been to wait until the facts were known before coming to a decision on how to handle it, not immediately condemning people from a short, very one sided view.

As is apologizing when one speaks out of turn or in error.

True tragedy today is when on fucks up, people have a tendency not to own it.  You see it every single day right here at TBS.

The bishop knew he did, and he stood up and took it.  That’s doing the right thing.

Unless, of course, he could go back in time and do it over, but that doesn’t seem to be an option.  For anyone.

• Like 3

Just now, jame said:

As is apologizing when one speaks out of turn or in error.

True tragedy today is when on fucks up, people have a tendency not to own it.  You see it every single day right here at TBS.

The bishop knew he did, and he stood up and took it.  That’s doing the right thing.

Unless, of course, he could go back in time and do it over, but that doesn’t seem to be an option.  For anyone.

True, provided he is actually apologizing because he truly regrets what he did, as opposed to having to do it for the sole reason of saving face within his organization.  I'm willing to be that there would be a whole lot more negative consequences for him if he didn't apologize rather than act like what he did never happened in an organization like that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

True, provided he is actually apologizing because he truly regrets what he did, as opposed to having to do it for the sole reason of saving face within his organization.  I'm willing to be that there would be a whole lot more negative consequences for him if he didn't apologize rather than act like what he did never happened in an organization like that.

And those are facts or fiction that we’ll never be privy to. 

Factually, all we know is that he fucked up, then apologized for doing so.

If I were to condemn every man for every circumstance or conspiracy I could dream up, there wouldn’t be any men left.

All we know is what we know.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2019 at 8:41 AM, BamaBud said:

Afraid of being sued?

Too late.

He should be sued, apologies after the fact can't undo the damage.

He should be sued, and he should be kicked out of the Church.

It was He that exhibited behavior that was in opposition to the    Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.

F-Em 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, steve4102 said:

Too late.

He should be sued, apologies after the fact can't undo the damage.

He should be sued, and he should be kicked out of the Church.

It was He that exhibited behavior that was in opposition to the    Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.

F-Em 

I sense some projection here.

youve never said anything that you had to retract later. Or maybe should have retracted later. 

Naw, your pure as the driven snow, I’m sure. 

I certainly hope no one judges you as you seem so quick to judge other people that you have no clue about but from the media, which you hate as fake and don’t trust.

unless you like the story.

#castingstones

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 1