Ann Coulter Calls The president A Wimp

Jammersix

The "president" caved in completely on the wall, accepted his spanking from the Speaker, and  Ann Coulter called him a wimp for it.

"“Good news for George Herbert Walker Bush: As of today, he is no longer the biggest wimp ever to serve as President of the United States,” the commentator Ann Coulter, who has aggressively pushed Mr. Trump to keep his campaign promise on the wall, wrote on Twitter."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/25/us/politics/trump-shutdown-deal.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

I don't understand what he thought he was accomplishing when he shut down the government.

All he had to do was count, and he would have known that he isn't going to get a wall. Not then, not now, not ever.

He had two years when it was possible. Not likely, but possible. They're over, and now he has to deal with the Democrats, and a wall is no longer on the table. The Speaker told him so, then she showed him that she meant it.

Edited by Jammersix

This was round one of a 15 round fight. Defeatists without backbone and Never Trumpers like to stand up and beat their collective chests like the war is over and they won and own this issue. This war has just begun.

What should have happened was, the Rz as a party needed to be behind the policy and they were not present. So the POTUS pretty much fought this battle on his own. Where were McCarthy and McConnell when the shutdown began? No where to be found.

This next 3 weeks, nothing is going to happen, I doubt there will be any meaningful negotiating taking place, absolutely no funding will be offered for boarder wall, so the declaration of National Emergency will need to happen. Whatever route he goes, it needs to be unreviewable from a judicial standpoint as a point of law, using powers outlined in Constitution. These declarations as was pointed out on a radio show today can last for decades and have damn near unlimited funding, so let's be clear this is not about how much this will cost. This issue is POTUS' Waterloo moment. He either gets this done or his re election is next to finished. And it puts Pence in jeopardy should he decide not to run. Right now, for the next 3 weeks, POTUS needs to get out of Washington and do a few campaign rally type stops, perhaps do the SOU on the border, go unconventional. Open border types are whispering in his ear, people like Kushner and his daughter, needs to get away from them and talk to the experts that matter out in the field.

Edited by ARP
  • Like 1

Sounds like Bart Simpson. Blame anybody else but him

if he declares a National Emergency for something other than financial sanction of a person, group or country, one of two things will happen

1) every President after this will be able to declare a National Emergency in order to complete campaign promises if Congress won’t fund them. Meaning that the “people” voted for this promise and Congress must be “out of touch with the people” and a National Emergency must be declared. Climate Change, gun violence, income inequality, border security, etc. each one will have “vanity projects” that are a crisis.

2) the SCOTUS throws out the practice from ‘76 as unconstitutional and no president after this will have the ability. Giving more power to Congress. Which may not be a bad thing to require legislation and votes to push agendas. The politicians however would rather the President “take the hits” for pushing what they want without them, so as to insulate themselves from it while taking credit for it. The opposing party wants the President to “take the hit” so they can campaign on it.

you know what’s lost in all of that? The people.

politics is the practice of self empowerment in the name of others. Parasitism

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sticks said:

"Ann Coulter called him a wimp" 

I have supported Ann Coulter for years; but with this, she is now one of the enemies. You can't pick and choose your battles, you are either with Trump or you are against him.

Trump has given the Democrats 3 weeks, if they continue to behave like children, he will declare a National Emergency to build the wall. Which I am in favor of. It needs to be built and if this is the only way, go for it.

There are few absolutes in the Universe.  Gravity being one of them.  Disagreeing with a POTUS' actions is not one of them.  Unless, of course you have subscribed to the Roman concept that he is your god.

4 hours ago, sticks said:

Trump has given the Democrats 3 weeks, if they continue to behave like children, he will declare a National Emergency to build the wall. Which I am in favor of. It needs to be built and if this is the only way, go for it.

If Trump sets that precedent, I predict that the next mass shooting under a Democrat president will result in an emergency declaration that none of us will like.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pistolay said:

If Trump sets that precedent, I predict that the next mass shooting under a Democrat president will result in an emergency declaration that none of us will like.

I agree with that! 100% on the money! Emergency declarations are for emergencies! We have a president, not a king. He governs, he does not rule. He must not be allowed to build his wall by declaration, command or order. Can you imagine what President Obama would have done with such power?

It would be a terrible precedent!

Edited by Jammersix

I think the idiotic part was when the President told Schumer on live national TV that it was his shutdown, and he wouldn't blame Schumer. Pelosi kept saying "we should have this conversation in private" and she was right. All the pressure was on Trump, because of his own mouth.

Rubio was wrong about Trump having "small hands", and we know the inference. Trump has to be hung to keep stepping on it like that.

Ann's got a sharp wit and an even sharper tongue.  Trump's is that rare elected politician who is acting out of loyalty to the country.  He's not getting rich like Pelosi or Feinstein off of their political clout.  I'm not betting on any outcomes at this point, but I'm not passing judgement either; I'll have to wait and see.

• Like 2

they got President Trump now!

right where they want him!

he can`t come back from this!

LOL.

i like Ann Coulter,followed her for years and still do,she has a great way of firing up the Conservatives and saying things that get people talking about her.

she`s very good at it.