NRA Ballot 2019

minderasr

It's that time of year again.  Those who are eligible have or will soon receive their ballots.  I'd like to use this thread to discuss our options so we can elect the right people to Director positions.

I realize the NRA is not everyone's cup of tea.  If you are among this group, please look elsewhere.  My hope is this does not turn into an NRA bash-fest, but an actual discussion to help elect people that will actually fight for our cause.  Perhaps working together we can do just that.

There are 35 names on the ballot, but you can only select up to 27.  Do we focus on one or two individuals, or max out the selection?  Or would writing in someone not on the ballot be the best option?

I also realize not everyone will have the same candidates on their ballots.  So I'll start with a couple of names from my ballot.

For example, do we want sports figures/celebrities on the board of Directors?  Or would a grass roots style movement pushing unknowns be the better option?

Karl Malone. Is he really a good choice?  I don't recall seeing him making any pro-2A statements ever.  Admittedly I'm not much of a basketball fan nor do I live in Louisiana so perhaps he's outspoken locally?  Or is he just eye candy for the sports aficionados?

Oliver North.  Not sure how I feel about him.

Ted Nugent.  Definitely outspoken about protecting our freedom.  But he's a little...out there.

Allen West.  I like Mr. West.  And I have seen him speak publicly about protecting our 2nd Amendment rights.  I would have no problem casting a vote for Allen West.

What say you?

1. Joe M. Allbaugh
    Nardin, Oklahoma

2. Paul D. Babaz
    Atlanta, Georgia

3. Bob Barr
    Smyrna, Georgia

4. Matt Blunt
    Middleburg, Virginia

5. Pete R. Brownell
    Grinnell, Iowa

6. Dave Butz
    Swansea, Illinois

7. Richard R. Childress
    Lexington, North Carolina

8. Anthony P. Colandro
    Woodland Park, New Jersey

9. Larry E. Craig
    Boise, Idaho

10. Richard S. Figueroa
      Brenham, Texas

11. Carol Bambery Frampton
      Prosperity, South Carolina

12. Sandra S. Froman
      Tucson, Arizona

13. Mark Geist
       Colorado Springs, Colorado

14. Marion P. Hammer
       Tallahassee, Florida

15. Kevin Hogan
       Taylor Ridge, Illinois

16. Susan Howard
       Boerne, Texas

17. Tom King
       East Greenbush, New York

18. Adam Kraut
       West Chester, Pennsylvania

19. Herbert A. Lanford, Jr.
       Columbia, South Carolina

20. Willes K. Lee
       Arlington, Virginia

21. Karl A. Malone
       Farmerville, Louisiana

22. Craig Morgan
       Nashville, Tennessee

23. Oliver L. North
       Bluemont, Virginia

24. Johnny Nugent
       Lawrenceburg, Indiana

25. Ted Nugent
       China Spring, Texas

26. James W. Porter II
       Birmingham, Alabama

27. Mark Robinson
       Greensboro, North Carolina

28. Esther Q. Schneider
       Driftwood, Texas

29. Bart Skelton
       Deming, New Mexico

30. John Thodos
       Naples, Florida

31. Dwight D. Van Horn
       Hayden, Idaho

32. Mark Vaughan
       Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

33. Blaine E. Wade
       Bristol, Tennessee

34. Allen B. West
       Dallas, Texas

35. Donald E. Young
       Fort Yukon, Alaska

dont know most of them. But I like Barr, Froman, Hammer, West, Skelton

im with you about Nugent. And to piss off a few, no to North

Edited by Dric902

If you wanted to restrict the discussion to NRA members, you posted in the wrong place.

My post may help someone realize that Ted Nugent is preventing your membership from growing by at least one, and that voting against him would be good for the NRA.

Edited by Jammersix

7 hours ago, Jammersix said:

If you wanted to restrict the discussion to NRA members, you posted in the wrong place.

My post may help someone realize that Ted Nugent is preventing your membership from growing by at least one, and that voting against him would be good for the NRA.

I don't care for Nugent myself but if his presence in the NRA keeps Dems like you out than perhaps he is more useful than I previously thought.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, G26S239 said:

I don't care for Nugent myself but if his presence in the NRA keeps Dems like you out than perhaps he is more useful than I previously thought.

He’s a known (and admitted) poacher, and  sexual deviant. 

Why do you want him as leadership of the NRA?

Not to mention both a draft dodger and a stolen valor guy. He wrote a song about violence against his Old Lady, and he said that the Special Forces community thinks of him as one of them.

They don't. Really.

He doesn't speak for me. Not ever. But if you're NRA, he speaks for you.

Edited by Jammersix

9 hours ago, AK_Stick said:

He’s a known (and admitted) poacher, and  sexual deviant. 

Why do you want him as leadership of the NRA?

I don't. I never stated that I do want him on the board. I take his 1977 interview at face value.

Edited by G26S239

Getting back on track...

I came across a couple of other candidates we might support in another forum and through some internet searching.  I'm not endorsing these candidates (yet).  Just putting the information out there.

Please VOTE For Anthony Colandro for the 2019 NRA Board of Directors

Adam Kraut, Esq.
NRA 2018 Board Candidate, Adam Kraut, On “Enemies Within The NRA” ~ VIDEO
Adam Kraut Takes a Third Run at an NRA Board Seat

9 hours ago, Jammersix said:

Not to mention both a draft dodger and a stolen valor guy. He wrote a song about violence against his Old Lady, and he said that the Special Forces community thinks of him as one of them.

They don't. Really.

He doesn't speak for me. Not ever. But if you're NRA, he speaks for you.

Being a BLM supporter your support of cop killers is something at odds with the NRA as well. https://www.defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter/news/black-lives-matter-activist-and-cop-killer-supporter-dr-marc-lamont-hill-to-speak-at-east-carolina-xpTvhxkxBkSwoypceYXCBg/

Edited by G26S239

17 hours ago, Jammersix said:

Then where is the right place?  I specifically asked not to turn this into an NRA bash-fest.  I was looking for a discussion among voting NRA members, of which you are neither.  If you want to be helpful to our cause, and are not happy with one or more of the BODs, then join the NRA and vote them out.  Otherwise please start your own thread.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Moshe said:

I am a big fan on Ted's view of the Second Amendment.

His views aren’t the problem. 

His actions, persona, and mouth are the problem. He turns off more gun owners than he wins fights for. And that is the reason he shouldn’t be a director. He’s costing the NRA membership and money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AK_Stick said:

His views aren’t the problem. 

His actions, persona, and mouth are the problem. He turns off more gun owners than he wins fights for. And that is the reason he shouldn’t be a director. He’s costing the NRA membership and money. 

Exactly!