Father shot dead at school by police

TBO

1 hour ago, NPTim said:

TBO, what’s up with the title. The title leads one to think the Police walked up to him and aced him. How about, “Police neutralize violent armed man in a school?”

TBO and his misleading thread titles are a decades old inside joke. It's his thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

TBO and his misleading thread titles are a decades old inside joke. It's his thing.

And in the other universe, his double does the same thing!  (Not that I travel across universes...  ?)

Edited by PATCHMAN
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

I Previously served 4 years as an SRO.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I spent 4 or 5 days doing it and hated every minute of it.  One school year, my agency decided that when the SRO was out for day, they would pull someone from patrol to fill the position.  I was given the task just a handful of times and never came close to enjoying it.  I think I would prefer any other call or assignment.

9 minutes ago, Maccabeus said:

I'm sorry to hear that.

I spent 4 or 5 days doing it and hated every minute of it.  One school year, my agency decided that when the SRO was out for day, they would pull someone from patrol to fill the position.  I was given the task just a handful of times and never came close to enjoying it.  I think I would prefer any other call or assignment.

Annnnd...I'm done now and returned to active patrol. Serving as a school resource officer is a ******* nightmare.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnbt said:

"Is that a Smash The Patriarchy shirt he is wearing?"

According to an "In Memoriam" page google found, his preferred pronoun is they/their. So your question should be "Is that a Smash The Patriarchy shirt they is wearing?"

Thanks for the clarification. :D