Trivia and useless knowledge

SC Tiger

On 1/25/2019 at 11:03 AM, SC Tiger said:

Maybe to settle everyone down we need a good thread about absolutely nothing.  So how about some useless trivia.  I'll start:

The Australian White-Throated Snapping Turtle can breathe through its anus.

So you are saying they are politicians?......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, BigBull 301 said:

So you are saying they are politicians?......

That's only true about politicians because they have no other choice. All politicians have their head up their ***.  They function exactly like a direct impingement M16. They **** where they eat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:03 PM, SC Tiger said:

Maybe to settle everyone down we need a good thread about absolutely nothing.  So how about some useless trivia.  I'll start:

The Australian White-Throated Snapping Turtle can breathe through its anus.

Amazing....Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez can talk through her's

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

They used to diagnose diabetes in the Middle Ages which they called the honey disease by the sweet taste of the urine.

I know this is true, but always wondered why when it's easy to smell the candy like smell of sugar in urine, or the smell of ketones in urine when a person is metabolizing fat instead of sugar.

Edited by Paul53
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

I know this is true, but always wondered why when it's easy to smell the candy like smell of sugar in urine, or the smell of ketones in urine when a person is metabolizing fat instead of sugar.

It could be like wine tasting.  You inhale the bouquet then you sample the taste.  I’m sure hoping it was just a small sample.  Maybe taste was considered confirmation to the smell.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Cringe-worthy bit of trivia:

The above mentioned brother of the founder of Kellogg cereal felt like child masturbation was a real problem.  To the point he endorsed a procedure where a piece of silver wire was sewn into the penis in a way that made getting an erection impossible if the child could not be made to stop via more conventional means.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SC Tiger said:

Cringe-worthy bit of trivia:

The above mentioned brother of the founder of Kellogg cereal felt like child masturbation was a real problem.  To the point he endorsed a procedure where a piece of silver wire was sewn into the penis in a way that made getting an erection impossible if the child could not be made to stop via more conventional means.

Graham crackers were made for that too.