Damn. Just damn.

gwalchmai

Look, guys. I've been a part of this distinguished group for a long time now, both at the other place and at this place. I've been crossways with a lot of you, and had many of you rightly pissed at me. What I've found though is that generally you're a decent bunch, and overall I have have gotten more out of the association than I've put into it.

Those who have been around know that I love arguing on the web and giving people a hard time. That said, I think we need to be a little more considerate of each other. And yeah, if you're fed up with "that guy's" posts (or this guy's post), use the ignore list. Eric busts his butt to provide this forum for us, and he has asked that we all try to get along. And it's not like we're paying a bunch of money for this service he provides.

I just really don't want to see this place turn into something we don't enjoy.

Thanks. :supergrin:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

I'm afraid we're already headed down that road.  Looks like everyone's kinda been quiet for the past couple of hours.  Something like three posts in the past two hours.

Man - I just don't get it.  Why we gotta fight over the stupidest crap?

If it pisses you off, scroll past it or hit the iggy button. 

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RenoF250 said:

This is why I took up cough syrup, seems to calm me down.

That’s the first time I’ve heard 190 proof rum described as “cough syrup”, unless it’s making you cough when you take it.  ?  

Eric has had to do way too much intervention lately.  Let’s not just give him a break, let’s cut it out entirely.  If you’ve just got to attack someone, print a picture of their avatar and use it for a target at the range.  You’ll feel better, they won’t care, and Eric won’t shut the site down in disgust and make us all go to TOS.  

Hawk 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Brown Hawk said:

That’s the first time I’ve heard 190 proof rum described as “cough syrup”, unless it’s making you cough when you take it.  ?  

Eric has had to do way too much intervention lately.  Let’s not just give him a break, let’s cut it out entirely.  If you’ve just got to attack someone, print a picture of their avatar and use it for a target at the range.  You’ll feel better, they won’t care, and Eric won’t shut the site down in disgust and make us all go to TOS.  

Hawk 

I noticed four locked threads on the front page a while ago.  FOUR.  For a site that lets us get away with as much as Eric lets us get away with, that's insane.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, aksnowman said:

sorry you all but that dude pissed me off and i have a hard time not saying something. sorry Eric for being a pain in the ass not here to destroy your site at all. you all take care. 

Yeah, and take care of that ass... ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's the same low-class bullies, leg-humpers, and leftists from the other site that migrated here and started shitting in every thread with personal attacks.

Two years and I had one person on ignore here.  Now I have six. 17 years on the other site with nobody on ignore for most of it, then the last few years I had around six.  The same six as here.

They pollute every forum they are a part of and reduce traffic and increase animosity.  They are simply a reflection of how toxic society has become.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, PNWguy said:

It's the same low-class bullies, leg-humpers, and leftists from the other site that migrated here and started ****ting in every thread with personal attacks.

Kind of like the one you made towards GKL, or me before I ever even had 3 posts here? 

Thin-skinned hypocrite. 

Edited by fiveoboy01
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigGiantShaft said:

Here I sit, broken hearted

Tried to flounce, but only varted. 

See, that's the kind of thing that ruins forums.  Why would you try and attack someone like that?  Did you just make the discussion more pleasant, civilized, and intelligent, or did you take the opportunity to act like a child and make things worse?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fiveoboy01 said:

Kind of like the one you made towards GKL, or me before I ever even had 3 posts here? 

Thin-skinned hypocrite. 

2 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Yes, we should all take instruction on forum decorum and civility from a man who named himself after a vaginal fart. ?

In the interests of not having things descend into a shitstorm, why don't y'all just put each other on the ignore list?  FFS, to me, it seems like both of you came here just to fight.

• Like 4

I'm a member of another forum that is absolutely huge, like 300,000 registered members. Thanks to a small group of **** heads, and a change in ownership to a bunch of leftist social justice warriors, the entire site is grenading.

Never too big to fail, and it all comes down to people simply acting in a decent manner.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Yes, we should all take instruction on forum decorum and civility from a man who named himself after a vaginal fart. ?

I prefer to think we're trying to converse like responsible adults. And I know you can do it because I've seen you. ;)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, fiveoboy01 said:

Thin-skinned hypocrite. 

But you're not thin-skinned, and you can set us a good example by just letting it go, right now, and instead tell us your favorite fishing story. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 3

been here from the start , now we seem to have a few trolls potlucking around , but  ignore them and they will scamper off to other sites they come from.  and im sure we all know who they are.   .  

so  just...

tumblr_lpdeyyBmM61qe29wao1_500.gif

• Like 3

• Eric locked this topic