Eat goat meat!

Moeman

1 hour ago, NPTim said:

I don’t like mutton or lamb, would I like goat or kid?

Depending on your definition of kid, I don't know.  Adult goats, especially males, are stronger flavor but many people prefer adult goat meat. Goat kids are baby goats and very mild. Goat meat is more common world wide than mutton or lamb and to me has a much better flavor. Personally, I'm not big on mutton or lamb accept in Shepherds Pie which is made normally with mutton. Cottage Pie is made of beef.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NPTim said:

I don’t like mutton or lamb, would I like goat or kid?

Actually never had mutton... lamb leg with slices of garlic and rosemary inserted to me is better than prime rib. Little salt peppper and lemon at the end.

Now goat, young ones are very mild, old ones stand up to strong favors like jerk seasoning, salsa etc. try a birra taco and go from there. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

Well if you're so sure of that, I need to take a closer look at my new grand-daughter!

If she has four legs and little, teeny hooves...………………………………………… you may have a problem. Oh, yea, she would also jump up on anything within reach and seem a bit spastic - and drop M&M's all over when she poo's. If all the above seems correct, you have a goat kid in your life. ?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

Sure.  Why not just eat kittens?

g.jpg.58923bf1694eec24ecf575926d9e2db8.jpg

I don't know if they would taste as good. However, if you have eaten at enough Chinese and/or Indian restaurants you may have eaten some tasty kitten.  Years ago when I lived in Houston, TX, the police raided an Indian restaurant that had been under observation for some time. The reason; many , many calls about missing cats had perked police interest in the restaurant. What the raid revealed; the restaurant contained two walk in freezers - one of which was devoted to cleaned, frozen cats. Needless to say, the restaurant was closed down. Don't know who got the frozen cats. 

Edited by Citra47

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:38 AM, Moeman said:

Actually never had mutton... lamb leg with slices of garlic and rosemary inserted to me is better than prime rib. Little salt peppper and lemon at the end.

Now goat, young ones are very mild, old ones stand up to strong favors like jerk seasoning, salsa etc. try a birra taco and go from there. 

Where do you 'insert' that leg of lamb?

3 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Where do you 'insert' that leg of lamb?

Alll around take a pairing knive twist a hole and in seat a sliver of garlic and a little garlic. Salt peppper, onion powder.  I have lemon trees so I slice one and put the slices on top, they get thrown away. Fresh lemon wedges on table. Then I insert into my mouth.