Eat goat meat!

Moeman

And the milk is better too. For me nothing new.

Goat meat – in particular kid, which is tender and milder in flavour, like lamb – is tipped to be a huge food trend this year, following the steady increase in popularity of goat’s milk and cheese, as well as demand for ethical meat.

article: https://www.theguardian.com/food/shortcuts/2019/jan/24/he-killed-the-goat-with-a-laser-gun-how-mark-zuckerberg-predicted-a-food-trend

• Like 2

Cabrito is my favorite meat and whole goat milk is better for the gut than cow's milk. We used to raise dairy goats and had a steady supply of customers for the milk. My wife is a RN and has spent her career  in NICU.  We met in Dallas and it was normal for the hospitals there to put babies of Hispanic and Oriental extraction on goat milk rather than cow milk if they couldn't handle the prescribed formula and didn't/couldn't breast feed - Goat milk based formula for Hispanics and Soy based formula for Orientals. Now days, there are only about three formulas approved by the F&DA for hospital use and none of them take into consideration family history or historical food use of the baby's ancestors.

• Like 1

I have had dishes featuring goat ( chèvre ) meat in Europe, mainly France.  It is a common meat and quite tasty when prepared properly.

NB had to alter the font to get the correct diacritical marks in place.

Edited by tous
  • Like 1

Just now, Walt Longmire said:

I eat goats. Mountain Goats. I kill them myself and pack their carcass off the mountain. Pretty tasty.

I heard from an Alaskan guide that Dahl sheep is the best meat, have not had the pleasure.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Moeman said:

I heard from an Alaskan guide that Dahl sheep is the best meat, have not had the pleasure.

I agree. Dahl sheep is even better than goat. I am a big fan of moose meat also. I've been eating wild game all my life. Grew up in the PNW eating deer, elk, and black bear, along with bounty from the sea and rivers.  I prefer the moose over deer and elk now with the exception of Sitka Blacktail Deer from Kodiak.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Foxterriermom said:

I'll take a glass of goat milk over that of cow any day.  And the best bbq meat I've ever had was goat.

Yep, used to live in Shreveport, LA back in the day. There was a Mexican restaurant , the Cadillac Grill, there that served BBQ goat. It was the only thing I ever ate there.

It was very authentic; every few months, you would read that the INS had rolled a bus up to the front door and hauled all the illegals away.

• Thanks 1

I get my lunch delivered at the office most days by a service called Foodsby.  Earlier this week, one of the restaurants on rotation had an entire selection of South American goat foods - tacos, burritos, soup, etc.

I almost did.  ALMOST.  Then remembered I eat maybe once a day and the last time I had goat, it wasn't all that great.  I got a carne asada burrito bowl instead.  :P

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, UnifiedFieldTheory said:

I get my lunch delivered at the office most days by a service called Foodsby.  Earlier this week, one of the restaurants on rotation had an entire selection of South American goat foods - tacos, burritos, soup, etc.

I almost did.  ALMOST.  Then remembered I eat maybe once a day and the last time I had goat, it wasn't all that great.  I got a carne asada burrito bowl instead.  :P

Well I am in Arkansas so the last time I had goat the farmer shot at me.

• Like 1