Proposal Could Require Women to Register for the Draft

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:03 AM, Mrs.Cicero said:

As long as everyone has to meet the same standards... which you know they won't.  Sigh.

Well, in the late 90's at the USBP Academy there were no favorites as far as men and women.  Both were treated the same, by the same standards.  One of the three females there passed.  One was going on her second or third time as a re-tread, or starting the Academy over.  She failed the third time, and never came back.  But, you had to admire her persistence, it was 6.5 months of your life each go around.  It was ran like a military boot camp, with the only exception that there were no barracks inspections.  However, every morning before the sun came up there was a march out, and uniform inspection.  PT all day, study half the night.  It was ran by prior military with prior military in mind then. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:52 AM, windowasher said:

Doubt it will happen except for "feel good" show registration.  Remember, Hillary, Feinstein, Boxer, Pelosi and the others want to ban our guns while they are surrounded by armed security 24/7

It will happen.  Maybe not with this administration, who just booted out the so-called transgenders  like they used to kick out the homosexuals and overweight. 

• Like 2

I am a firm believer in something similar to the Israeli system; automatically draft everyone age 18 - not medically ineligible - for a minimum of 2 years + time in boot camp.  If nothing else, maybe our current crop of snow flakes could learn a little respect for others in that time and get some brain set prior to attending their Communist run school of "higher education". 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I said above that I'm fine with it, and I still am, as long as the standards are the same as for men.  And even the people with issues about women in combat shouldn't care, because there are so many non-combat roles women could fill without degrading the readiness or performance of the services.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I said above that I'm fine with it, and I still am, as long as the standards are the same as for men.  And even the people with issues about women in combat shouldn't care, because there are so many non-combat roles women could fill without degrading the readiness or performance of the services.  

I think the only disgruntled would be the men released from behind the lines duty, to serve in the front lines................

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 8:47 PM, railfancwb said:

They fought hard for admission to the military academies. And got it. 

A friend of mine has a daughter at the USNA right now...finished her first year.

She's about to take on the world...and win.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Patrice-II said:

I am all for it.

The call for equality means "Everybody". 

When the Constitution was written, women weren't equal to men in many things. 

Now they are!  Now, they should share equally in the duties and obligations that the men are required to perform, for the security and sovereignty of this nation. .

• 4 months later...

“Whenever women have insisted on absolute equality with men, they have invariably wound up with the dirty end of the stick. What they are and what they can do makes them superior to men, and their proper tactic is to demand special privileges, all the traffic will bear. They should never settle merely for equality. For women, "equality" is a disaster.”
Robert A. Heinlein