Confederate Colors

Jammersix

7 hours ago, Jammersix said:

I never said flying the flag was treason. I said flying it indicated the person flying it doesn't love the country, among other things. It's not the piece of cloth-- the cloth doesn't matter any more than our colors matter. Burn either one, use them for demonstrations, whatever.

But what you do with either flag tells me a lot about the person and what they believe. Whether they're a patriot, a patriotic demonstrator, or whether they're in favor of breaking away from the U.S., even if they have to commit treason to do so.

I said if you see someone flying confederate colors, you're looking at someone who doesn't care for the United States. Usually, in 2019, that means they hate the U.S., but can't do anything about it, through lack of will or means.

So you are painting everyone who flies a Confederate flag with the same broad brush?  That sounds like stereotyping to me.  Not all that different from racism, really.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

So you are painting everyone who flies a Confederate flag with the same broad brush?  That sounds like stereotyping to me.  Not all that different from racism, really.

I hold the same dim view of everyone who rapes women. There's that broad brush again. Or flies the swastika. Yup, there it is again.

Edited by Jammersix

45 minutes ago, Jammersix said:

Anyone, although those that are Jewish, Black or Gypsies get extra idiot points added.

So because 70 or 80 years ago a group of white people used it as their symbol, you'll automatically assign anyone who has that symbol as being racist, despite the fact that the swastika has been around for over 10,000 years before that, and is a symbol that has meant life and eternity all across Europe and Asia.  

https://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-legends/symbol-swastika-and-its-12000-year-old-history-001312

I guess since the westboro baptist church started out as Baptist, which is a form of Christianity, anyone who is Christian is automatically treated as a member by your logic?

7 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

So because 70 or 80 years ago a group of white people used it as their symbol, you'll automatically assign anyone who has that symbol as being racist, despite the fact that the swastika has been around for over 10,000 years before that, and is a symbol that has meant life and eternity all across Europe and Asia.  

https://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-legends/symbol-swastika-and-its-12000-year-old-history-001312

I guess since the westboro baptist church started out as Baptist, which is a form of Christianity, anyone who is Christian is automatically treated as a member by your logic?

That was taken along with many religious and occult symbols by Hitler, because he was insane, and thought they brought him power.  Oddly enough the peace movement with the peace sign was runic symbol found on Nazi gravestones that means "death."  So, liberal hippies, ironically walked in the same footsteps, knowingly, or unknowingly.

2 hours ago, Moshe said:

That was taken along with many religious and occult symbols by Hitler, because he was insane, and thought they brought him power.  Oddly enough the peace movement with the peace sign was runic symbol found on Nazi gravestones that means "death."  So, liberal hippies, ironically walked in the same footsteps, knowingly, or unknowingly.

Hitler wasn’t insane

Hitler was evil, and brought out the evil in others

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jammersix said:

Anyone, although those that are Jewish, Black or Gypsies get extra idiot points added.

Interesting thought process.  But, for my part I do not care for Nazi war items.  I purchased a replica WWII holster for my son for his GI Model 1911, as he is fascinated with "the greatest generation and allied armament."  It comes from that one documentary that was on for awhile with the UK father and the American son, who have a warehouse full of ancient weaponry that was on years ago.  So, I order one GI holster and I get e-mail after e-mail with allied and Nazi crap.  I guess the Nazi crap is still popular.  I wrote them, if they wanted to advertise items in e-mails to be in the future, I would prefer not to have to look at Nazi material.  Allied items were always welcome.

22 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Insane doesn’t collect followers

insane isnt responsible for their actions

Yes, yes, they are.  They just use it as an excuse for their behavior.  Sociopaths still murder trying to feel something.