The good old gun days

fiveoboy01

54 minutes ago, fiveoboy01 said:

Did they actually smell like #9 though?

I guess I'm indifferent to the odor, but I definitely wouldn't want it for an air freshener.

I don't know. Never did buy one.  However, i've always wondered what would happen if my wife put a little #9 behind her ears and we went to the friends of the NRA dinner.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SC Tiger said:

Funny story in a gun shop:

Guy behind counter had an AR-15.  Was trying to remove the bolt.  Couldn't get the rifle to open.

My dad takes it, closes the bolt, pushes out the pin, and viola.  Rifle is open. 

Guy behind counter got all pissed.......

There's always this.....

Lately i've enjoyed going to a gun shop that is the Wet Seal of the gun world.  You know the store in the mall that most of us are not cool or young enough to enter.   Everyone in this shop is selling boutique firearms for big money.   They all have matching shirts, probably matching tattoos (hell when i got inked it was still the providence of sailors, soldiers, cops, etc. not college babes).

Anyway.  It seems that anytime something old comes we have a conversation about it.  Most recently it was a set of series 70s Colt 1911s in pristine shape, worked over by a smith for tight tolerances and an extended front site. Anyway, i started talking about what a great series that was, what the difference between the pistols, and pointed out the two little imperfections on the trigger where a trigger shoe was.  Then showed them the pistol with the shoe on it.

The guys running the shop were practically taking notes.  They are all young.  The stuff I talked about is fairly common knowledge for anyone who's been in gun shops for 30 years.  Nothing you guys couldn't talk about.

Anyway. They offered me a job. I turned it down. It would be a good retirement gig.  If they could tolerate an old guy.  But hell i'm putting on some music.  Not this gyrating pulsing crap they think is music.

In Fourth Grade my teacher brought a muzzle loader into class and showed us how it worked.  Was teaching us the Revolutionary War history at the time.  During recess he took us out on the playground, loaded it up and fired it off.  Country school...  Was cool..

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1