For those who work, what time you get up in the morning?

DrB

6 AM. Gives me an hour to roll out the door.  Hit the office between 7:10 and 8:10.   Depends on the day.  If things go right out the door at 4:00 or 4:30.   Things go badly...probably camping for the night.

On a good night I'm home by six.  Cook dinner, clean kitchen do a load of laundry and walk to the dog.  End of night about 10 PM.

Edited by Historian

• Administrators

I don’t work. (Well, I don’t have a “job” )

i wake up around 11am.  Then go to the gym for as long as I want. 

Then I “do stuff” mostly at my discretion.

Man, life is good.  :) 

• Thanks 1

It depends. I’m a firefighter and work 24 hours on and have 48 off. So every third day I’m up at 450 and at work at 0645 hours and ready to go. When I am at work getting ready to get off, it 530. Coffee and paper work. I’m usually released by 645. Days off, usually 600 to see my wife off to work at the ER. If we are both off, I might make it till 730.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For my last job, I was getting up at 14:40 to get into work at 15:00.  That was definitely too late for me.

With this job, I'm generally getting up at 09:00.  But if I don't feel like it, I'll sleep until 10:00. 

This job is alright, I guess, even if I want to sleep until noon some days.

Edited by JTMac

Hearing from you guys that get up that early gives me the shivers.  If that's what works for you, though, I'm glad your schedule can accommodate it.

I don't think there's any valor in getting up at a particular time. 

You should ideally sleep on your body clock.  And, body clocks vary.  A lot of people hate getting up early because they have no discipline.  But there are also people who's body clocks are different, with a genetic cause. 

I used to get up--consistently--at 06:30.  Every morning my bowels would flush and I would spit blood.  And every night I would go to bed at 22:00 and lie there for hours, no matter how hard I'd worked.  The fix was easy:  Find a job that didn't require me to get up that early.  I know what it's like living off of my body clock, and I really felt for the people who worked late shift with me but were clearly were built to be morning people.  Living off of your body clock will send you to an early grave and make you physically and mentally miserable the whole way.

I only know a handful of morning people who get that, though.  The few I know that do are those who had to work night shift.  They understand that though I may be sleeping while they're busy starting the day, I'm busy while they're winding their day down and beyond.  Not everyone gets it, but those who do are worth their weight in gold.

Edited by JTMac

Sometimes I just let my body clock work like JTMac says. I might get up at 6am, might be 8am. Sometimes I set the alarm if I have stuff I want to get to quickly at the office. 

I'm 5 minutes from my office and work for myself so "Wha-evah, I do what I want!"

But on the average I'd say I get up at 7.

Image result for cartman i do what i want