NFL playoff games tomorrow; who are you rooting for?

PNWguy

Kind of gave up on the NFL over the past year or so since the whole kneeling issue.  The Superbowl was like Thanksgiving in my family; we all got together and had great food and beer and family time.  Great memories.

But, the advertisements have jumped the shark the past couple of years with lots of virtue signaling and SJW messages.  Plus, neither of my favorite teams are in the playoffs, so I really had no interest this year.

But...  My girlfriend, turns out, is a rabid football fan.  Her family had season tickets to the USC games when they lived in California and she's a huge Howie Long/Oakland Raiders fangirl.

I asked her last week if she wanted to head down to the cabin for the day on Sunday to enjoy the near 50 degree sunny weather.  She said that sounded awesome, but it was playoffs and she would be on the couch.  OK.  So I joined her with some Jameson's and had a great time.

Tomorrow we will be watching both games together, again on the couch, and likely with some more Jameson's. 

I'd like to see the Chiefs destroy the Patriots and am ambivalent over the Rams vs. Saints, but maybe pulling a little more for the Saints.

For those who still watch the NFL, any preferences?

2 hours ago, Dric902 said:

I want to see him crushed and chasing his fame like Favre going to the Jets and Vikings before retiring in disgrace.

You mean continuing to draw multi-million dollar paychecks while playing a game he obviously loves?

That's harsh. 

And crushing.

• Like 1

Pats,always the Pats..

that being said,i`ve seen the Pats not only win the Superbowl,but win them back to back and become the Greatest team in NFL history,a dynasty and the best pairing of QB and coach ever.

so should they not win (which i doubt) i`m really not that upset.

11 Championships in 17 years and counting hard to take a loss here and there that hard.

4 hours ago, Dric902 said:

When Hulk Hogan joined the NWO.....that was it, I’ll never watch wrestling again

Honestly I stopped sometime around then or really before.  I watched some of the last few years of WCW when I was in college.  I tried to watch a show last year and it absolutely sucked.  I do enjoy watching videos about the wrestling and wrestlers I used to love as a kid.  It really took the wind out of my sails when Andre died. 

3 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

Honestly I stopped sometime around then or really before.  I watched some of the last few years of WCW when I was in college.  I tried to watch a show last year and it absolutely sucked.  I do enjoy watching videos about the wrestling and wrestlers I used to love as a kid.  It really took the wind out of my sails when Andre died. 

I was kidding and being facetious

still watch baseball, cheered Allison when he was kicking Yarboroughs ass, wrestling isn’t real, when Kaep started taking a knee I stopped cheering for him (Mercy liked him cause he is adopted) and started cheering when he got crushed by a linebacker and cheered “karma MFer”

didn’t throw out MLB, NASCAR, or WWE (well actually, yeah) or NFL.

I was pulling for the Rams and the Chiefs.  Would love to see a Rams-Chiefs super bowl, plus it would be great to see Andy Reid finally get a championship.  He's a helluva coach.

I like Drew Brees, but Sean Payton is an absolute turd.  Did the refs miss a blatant PI call?  Yes.  Was that Karma for putting bounties on injuring players?  Probably.  Is the NFL disappointed that Payton won't make the super bowl?  Doubtful.

Mahomes is a great QB but he always goes for the big play.  Never seems to look underneath.  At least not last night.

The missed PI call was so incredibly blatant that it calls into question the integrity of the entire franchise...  There is some obvious money changing hands for that call to be missed...

The NFL just can't help but piss off it's fans.