There's fungus among us.

gwalchmai

I'd try it.

I just don't understand the vegan fixation on spending huge amounts of money to make something that imitates meat, when the real thing is less expensive and, if you're paying the same amount of money, usually a better product.  If eating meat really is that bad, then why are they trying to fake it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

I'd try it.

I just don't understand the vegan fixation on spending huge amounts of money to make something that imitates meat, when the real thing is less expensive and, if you're paying the same amount of money, usually a better product.  If eating meat really is that bad, then why are they trying to fake it?

Can't answer that.  I am Vegetarian most because of health issues. I would probably be dead by now if not.  I still crave meat though..  Turkey most......  But for me I can't.  And no.... I am not some Vegan Nut Job.  I let folks hunt on my property.  Young girl got a nice buck here on my farm this year.  When folks here I cook meat out on the grill, I just can't eat....   Strange for some to understand. But what is...

Dave.. 

3 minutes ago, DrB said:

Can't answer that.  I am Vegetarian most because of health issues. I would probably be dead by now if not.  I still crave meat though..  Turkey most......  But for me I can't.  And no.... I am not some Vegan Nut Job.  I let folks hunt on my property.  Young girl got a nice buck here on my farm this year.  When folks here I cook meat out on the grill, I just can't eat....   Strange for some to understand. But what is...

Dave.. 

Health reasons make perfect sense to me, but the majority of vegetarians and vegans do it for reasons I can't understand. I've eaten some of the textured vegetable protein products, and actually like a few of them, but in the end meat comes out on top.  

My old boss's mother had some type of issue where she was unable to eat cooked meats.  They finally found some type of cold smoked salmon that she was able to digest properly.

8 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

Health reasons make perfect sense to me, but the majority of vegetarians and vegans do it for reasons I can't understand. I've eaten some of the textured vegetable protein products, and actually like a few of them, but in the end meat comes out on top.  

My old boss's mother had some type of issue where she was unable to eat cooked meats.  They finally found some type of cold smoked salmon that she was able to digest properly.

Yes it sucks sometimes, I agree there. The alternative for me is worse.  My weight went from 165 and climbing back to 135 where I should be. 

40 minutes ago, KWalrad said:

Back to 135?

You 4' tall? Last time I saw 135 I was 17 years old.

Nope 5'7" small guy.  Small frame, 32". waist. Many women have said they would sell  their souls to trade places with my body... .  Has worked out through the years for me probably sent many down there waiting in line.

I'm 67 to add to that...

Edited by DrB