The Winter Storm Coming Your Way?

DrB

5 minutes ago, PNWguy said:

The point is

I'm going outside and getting thing ready to clear things off when this passes.  It ain't a liberal..conservative thing...  It's a storm...  Take care....  Dave..

6 hours ago, deputy tom said:

The roads here are a real mess. I'll head out to run the new snowblower in a little while. They said there is ice under the snow and I'm concerned about falling. tom. :fred:

Take care...  We had over 12" here and high winds.  Ice under the snow here also.  Am out on the tractor clearing the driveway.  Came in to get warm.  Is 17 deg. and falling here.

• Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:30 AM, norton said:

Not much here in north east Indiana so far.  Supposed to get several inches of snow, then wind.  Later bitter cold.  Hey its January.  If you listen to the local TV stations you would think any time its going to snow Armageddon will follow. 

Our "storm" turned out to be pretty much a dud.  The power did go off last night but was restored within 1/2 hour.  It was cold but sunny today.  Wife and I were on our way to church this morning, I was surprised how many churches we passed that  obviously cancelled services.  Will get below zero tonight.  For those who got snow hammered, time to fire up the snowblowers. 

It's -1 F here now (-10 with the windchill) and we got 6 inches of snow (but it's mostly been cleared, except where it blew back onto the roads).  I have fed/watered all the animals for the last time tonight, and now I'm inside waiting for this super duper blood wolf moon thing to start, while I drink another hot toddy, trying to arm up and chase off this god-awful cold/flu/whatever that knocked me down yesterday.  I am so NOT looking forward to having to leave the house tomorrow...

14 hours ago, deputy tom said:

The roads here are a real mess. I'll head out to run the new snowblower in a little while. They said there is ice under the snow and I'm concerned about falling. tom. :fred:

Get a pair of slip-on shoe chains. I use these whenever it snows and carry them in the car with me. I like the chains better than the spikes or the cleats.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Yaktrax-Walker/22794988?athcpid=22794988&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=14511cf4-f40-1686e8e7579550&athena=true

143.jpg

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

Wool.

I have more wool than the King of Ireland.

More than the Cowichan.

OMG YES.  I live all winter in the cashmere sweaters I buy at Goodwill every fall.  Then when they get trashed because I wear them to do farm chores, I don't care because they only cost me $5 instead of $150.  

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

OMG YES.  I live all winter in the cashmere sweaters I buy at Goodwill every fall.  Then when they get trashed because I wear them to do farm chores, I don't care because they only cost me $5 instead of $150.  

I'm pretty much not allowed in Goodwill anymore because of the sweaters;  I'm now a hoarder.  I buy them for work,  and then decide they are really way too nice for work.  Then I buy more for work.  Don't get me started on the military wooly-pullys.

I got one of these:  http://lrbushcraft.com/lester-river-bushcraft-100-wool-boreal-shirt/   years ago.  It's magnificence can't be described.  I got it large enough that I can squat down and pull it down like a tent and  I can pull my arms and head in.  It gives me Obi-Wan powers.

The itch is like a welcome friend.

• Haha 1