The Winter Storm Coming Your Way?

DrB

Stopped at the store after getting some lab work done.  Not needed much just some beer for me and dog snacks for the dog.  I keep pretty much stocked up on food for me and dog food for the little creep so I not need to panic buy...  Other folks not so much so..

You ready for the storm if it happens?

Dave..

8 hours ago, DrB said:

Has not hit here a nice calm 30 deg. right here on the North Coast Ohio.

Dave.

I went to DC for the day, got home at 3AM. You may not get so much hammered there, I'm an hour N of Pittsburgh, I think we are gonna get a good bit of snow, but less than a foot. For the first time ever, PA has a manadatory ban on Commercial vehicles on all interstates and turnpike roads. I have never seen that before, sounds serious.

Not much here in north east Indiana so far.  Supposed to get several inches of snow, then wind.  Later bitter cold.  Hey its January.  If you listen to the local TV stations you would think any time its going to snow Armageddon will follow. 

Edited by norton
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, deputy tom said:

I am ready for whatever happens. tom. :cowboy2:

I'll let you know when/if it rolls in here.  The storms here usually head your way.  Still calm here but the birds are feeding heavily at the feeders.  Somethings up.  Gonna go out get wood in and blade on tractor.

Dave..

• Thanks 2

Snow starting to roll in here.  Got the blade on the tractor.  It did not want to start..figures....  Wood is in, dog is playing in the snow, birds are fed and I'm getting the the Whirley-Pop out and cracking a beer.

Dave..

• Like 3

Wind picking up now.  Right around freezing so snow is more like ice sticking and coating things. Just sitting and watching this storm come in.  Dog and I are munching popcorn.  As for me am sitting in the kitchen with my feet propped up by the Yotul wood stove and cracking another beer.  A nice balmy 80 deg.    Hundreds of birds at the feeders. 

I'm a happy camper here....  Dave..

• Like 2

Just shy of 6 inches of snow since last night.  My chickens didn't want to leave their coops today.  The yard bunnies (the escaped rabbits) were bounding around earlier, but they've since gone to ground.  I'm coming down with something anyway, so I'm not going anywhere.  

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Just shy of 6 inches of snow since last night.  My chickens didn't want to leave their coops today.  The yard bunnies (the escaped rabbits) were bounding around earlier, but they've since gone to ground.  I'm coming down with something anyway, so I'm not going anywhere.  

I hope you get well soon. tom.

• Like 2

A nothing burger for my county, rain. Work area? Getting dumped on heavily. Don't work for the next few days so WHOGAS.

I got up this AM and headed out for some breakfast, first place was fully packed, went to a second place. It was like a pre holiday celebration, the big snow was coming. Got in the car to go home and the first flakes were flying, and then......not. We'll see what happens overnight.

Edited by ARP

I pretty much view major weather events on the East coast and California much like I do the Oscars.  Just a bunch of sensationalizing for the self-aggrandizing attention-whoring libs to try and garner sympathy and support for themselves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ARP said:

A nothing burger for my county, rain. Work area? Getting dumped on heavily. Don't work for the next few days so WHOGAS.

The customer cancelled next week's job.  Our new manager (who has been a total ******* to me from day one) asked if I'd volunteer to take vacation.

F no.  F him.

52 minutes ago, PNWguy said:

I pretty much view major weather events on the East coast and California much like I do the Oscars.  Just a bunch of sensationalizing for the self-aggrandizing attention-whoring libs to try and garner sympathy and support for themselves.

Wrong ... Were getting hammered here where I am. Wind shifted now the lake effect snow and wind comes in. 

Dave

Edited by DrB

9 minutes ago, DrB said:

Wrong ... Were getting hammered here where I am. Wind shifted now the lake effect snow and wind comes in. 

Dave

The point is millions of other folks get hammered from significant weather events all year and the media doesn't cover it, sensationalize it, or shove it down the rest of the country's throat because people that live in largely conservative areas don't matter.