Your favorite energy drink or pre-workout.

fiveoboy01

When I wore a younger man's clothes,  we'd get bottles of the real ephedrine at the truckstops,  and then ride motorcycles across many states.

Then some stupid soccer players just had to have their hearts explode,  and now you can't get it any more.

I never tried it with sports.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, fiveoboy01 said:

You only eat a handful?

I can't be around them.  The entire bag goes.

Yeah, I have to admit to the same weakness.  I think limiting myself to only one handful is a workout in itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actually, I've been taking creatine, long term.  (Which I think you're not supposed to do.)

I'm not sure, but I think you're supposed to "load up" and then "maintain" when you're training for a competition or tournament.  It got a picture of muscle-men on the huge jar.

I take a 1/2 tbsp in the morning.  Just dump it down my gullet, and chase it with water.  It has no taste.

I don't play a lot of hockey these days,  sometimes make a pick-up game if I'm bored and not working.  I have friends that play on teams and if they need a fill-in, they'll call me. (I can still surprise those wet-nosed 30 and 40-year-olds with my prowess.)

I know the creatine makes a difference in my legs,  halfway through a game. They don't burn out so quick.  It works like that.  I don't get "energy",  but I don't get loagy.

I work an, often, very physical job.  I think it helps on the last 30' or 50'.

I really wonder if pre-workout mixes are destined to go the way of cocaine drops at the corner drug store.

For general "stay awake" purposes, I use 5 Hour Energy.  It is more likely to help me not pass out without feeling like...

ND6AyZl_d.jpg.9bab27d0a0d1f3cb7004e1fab7604801.jpg

As someone that drives long distances quite often, I've found that the best way to stay alert and focused on those long hauls is to concentrate on how to best dispose of the dead hooker that's laying in the trunk before the State Troopers pull me over.

Works like a charm every time.