Gillette Now Including Free Manly Side Bag With Every Purchase

pipedreams

I'm fortunate that I can get away with shaving every other day. And for many years I used an electric shaver.  I bough my first one, a Norelco, sometime after I got out of the military in the early 70's and it lasted many years. Then I grew a beard and didn't use it anymore and then lost it. Then I shaved with disposable razors after that until a couple of years ago I got a rechargeable Norelco that you could use wet or dry. Then I plugged the wrong cord from another device into it to charge it and fried it and then went back to disposable razors.

Just recently I got another Norelco 3-head rotary electric shaver but this one has a detachable power cord and no batteries.  I have a goatee so I still need the disposables to trim my upper lip and the corners of the mouth and chin but I can let that go for a few days. I use the Bic twin blade disposables and they're cheap and work very well for a couple of shaves and for just trimming they last much longer.

Over the years I've used many different kinds of disposable razors. I started out with twin blade safety razors and forget what else I might have used but I remember one strange thing that I tried back in the sixties that had a continuous sharpened strip or band that used an extended strip of steel, rather than separate blades. You "changed blades" by flipping a lever to advance the band forward into a take-up spool. These were made by both Schick and Gillette and were not really much of a success and only lasted a few years but I remember using them for a while.

159.jpg

I was at WalMart the day before Gillette released their idiotic self-destruct campaign and noticed that there was a pretty big new Harry's Razor display in the shave section.  $9.95 for a razor and two cartridges.

I had bought some cheap Schick bulk pack at Costco like three months earlier and was only about half-way through it, but was not happy with the quality of the shave or longevity of the blades.

Before I had always used Gillette Fusion variations and was happy.

So I bought the Harry's to try.  Only three shaves on the first cartridge so far, but it is very comfortable and seems to shave close without nicks or cuts.

The next day Gillette released their ad, and I felt extremely good about my purchase.

Funny how I saw articles from marketing "experts" that said don't bother boycotting Gillette since boycotts never work and never hurt the company and are just a giant waste of time.   It's amazing how the leftist/progressive influence and power is so deeply entrenched in our society and to see them come to each other's aid with propaganda.   

1 minute ago, PNWguy said:

I was at WalMart the day before Gillette released their idiotic self-destruct campaign and noticed that there was a pretty big new Harry's Razor display in the shave section.  $9.95 for a razor and two cartridges.

I had bought some cheap Schick bulk pack at Costco like three months earlier and was only about half-way through it, but was not happy with the quality of the shave or longevity of the blades.

So I bought the Harry's to try.  Only three shaves on the first cartridge so far, but it is very comfortable and seems to shave close without nicks or cuts.

The next day Gillette released their ad, and I felt extremely good about my purchase.

Funny how I saw articles from marketing "experts" that said don't bother boycotting Gillette since boycotts never work and never hurt the company and are just a giant waste of time.   It's amazing how the leftist/progressive influence and power is so deeply entrenched in our society and to see them come to each other's aid with propaganda.   

A company berating their customers... DUH!

8 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.dad84313026aad828d766e432e38917c.jpg

One and done.

That is simply class.  I often use my grand father's blade. Likely purchased in the 1920s in Paris.   Does a fine job.

image.jpeg.477894cf06f89df63ebf455dd05c4c09.jpeg

This is what i use most days. Depression era Gillete.  Picked it up on an antique shop 20 years ago.  Uses double edge blades. I prefer feather.  Astra isn't bad. If you can find them at one time Dunhill made a nice blade.

Badger hair brush.  Right now using Dapper Dan soap.  But often i use Colgate.

Dapper is pretty decent but had to order it from England. Took sever days. Seems like I live in a geographic anomaly.

Edited by Historian

For the record:  The only bag a man needs to wear is called a sporran.

Next time a pretty girl looks at you for wearing a sporran; she will want to know the answer to an age old question. 

You'll know what to do.  ?

Edited by Historian

1 hour ago, PNWguy said:

If you like the Harry's blades, buy online for the same price, no sales tax and free shipping on $10.00 or more.

I don't use the subscription plan and buy a couple times a year, $1.88 per if you buy 16 blades.  They added the trimmer blade on the back recently which is a plus.  There not what everyone likes but they work for me.

20 hours ago, Eric said:

Meet the new Gillette.

I hadn't seen this before.

Soooooooo......Gillette got all PC-preachy, and decided to make an ad telling men how they should act. And how they've been wrong and evil throughout human history. 

Interesting.

My uncle gave me my first razor back in 78. I’ve been using Gillette ever since. No more. Next year I’ll start my middle son off with his first razor and it won’t be Gillette. Nice add losers.

BTW all three of my sons are chock full of toxic masculinity and I’m pretty damn happy about it.  They get it from their father!?

Edited by Wyzz Kydd

Went home yesterday intent on destroying a new can of shave cream. I wanted to pound it with a hammer to see it go blammo.

I'm saddened, yet relieved to find it was a Schick product. Only my disposable was a JVS (Jillette virtual signaling brand). So at least I only have to replace the razor. Of course, I haven't shaved this week and kinda diggin' the freedom.

I've been on the Schick site and they aren't taking advantage of the Jill blunder.

• Eric locked this topic