Gillette Now Including Free Manly Side Bag With Every Purchase

pipedreams

babylonbee.com ~ LOL......................

"Gillette's promotion reportedly launched with a whimper, as few men wanted the "manly side bags" for some reason. The company has said it is regrouping and considering offering a free man bun hair tie with every purchase instead."

https://babylonbee.com/news/gillette-now-including-free-manly-side-bag-with-every-purchase

• Haha 3

The shaving section at the grocery store is a joke. There's dozens of different razors, and they all look the same. 

It's so confusing, instead of buying more replacement blades for the razor I have (which ******* Schick Hydro do I have???), I just buy a new razor instead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

The shaving section at the grocery store is a joke. There's dozens of different razors, and they all look the same. 

It's so confusing, instead of buying more replacement blades for the razor I have (which ******* Schick Hydro do I have???), I just buy a new razor instead.

I hear you. It sucks to buy replacement blades with the same model name and get them home to discover they don't fit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

I hear you. It sucks to buy replacement blades with the same model name and get them home to discover they don't fit.

That's one reason I like Dollar Shave Club.

Downside is I think Gillette owns them now.

I may give Harry's a try.

• Like 1

Yer' all doing it wrong.

Switch over to wet shaving. Get a quality safety razor like a Merkur, (you pick it up and it feels like a surgical instrument), get a sample set of blades so you can figure out what you like, (Persona Israeli blue label is good, Feather is wicked sharp better). Pick up a tub of shave soap and a boar's hair shave brush and LEARN to give yourself a proper shave.

Best reason is 100 blades = about $15 @ about 4 shaves per blade. As far as soap, the ones with menthol give a nice cool feel to the skin, the best shave you will get is post hot shower, You can also substitute something Nivea shave gel for the soap and brush and also might use a few drops of Shave Secret oil. Also by going this route of wet shaving, there is almost nothing to throw away except a blade every 4 shaves

Yer' all doing it wrong.
Switch over to wet shaving. Get a quality safety razor like a Merkur, (you pick it up and it feels like a surgical instrument), get a sample set of blades so you can figure out what you like, (Persona Israeli blue label is good, Feather is wicked sharp better). Pick up a tub of shave soap and a boar's hair shave brush and LEARN to give yourself a proper shave.
Best reason is 100 blades = about $15 @ about 4 shaves per blade. As far as soap, the ones with menthol give a nice cool feel to the skin, the best shave you will get is post hot shower, You can also substitute something Nivea shave gel for the soap and brush and also might use a few drops of Shave Secret oil. Also by going this route of wet shaving, there is almost nothing to throw away except a blade every 4 shaves

That’s what I used to do till I got a straight razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Administrators

I’ve had to shave a face covered with two weeks of camp paint, on sub-freezing mornings with almost freezing water and disposable razors. That sucked every single time. Then, we got Kevlar helmets and didn’t even have the steel pots for the water. God forbid though that the various woodland creatures should see us with some stubble on our camo’ed faces.  

• Like 1

"The uproar comes as Gillette battles upstarts like Harry's, Dollar Shave Club and others for millennial dollars. Gillette controlled about 70 percent of the U.S. market a decade ago. Last year, its market share dropped to below 50 percent, according to Euromonitor "

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/razor-burn-gillette-ad-stirs-online-uproar-60400345

"Larry Chiagouris, marketing professor at Pace University, is skeptical.

"Treating people with respect, who can argue with that, but they're kind of late to the party here, that's the biggest problem," he said. "It's gratuitous and self-serving.""

I haven't shaved in quite awhile.  I might do a beard trim now and again.  Mostly because the wife complains.  Fortunately for me my hair is busy going white and not grey.  I taught my son how to shave, and he has co-opted my original shaving kit to stay within uniform standards for JROTC.

Edited by Moshe

27 minutes ago, Moshe said:

I haven't shaved in quite awhile.  I might do a beard trim now and again.

I sometimes have to carry / wear a respirator,  so I have to do a full shave.  Periodic full shaves are never pretty.

Then when I look in a mirror, I see my sister.

2 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I sometimes have to carry / wear a respirator,  so I have to do a full shave.  Periodic full shaves are never pretty.

Then when I look in a mirror, I see my sister.

I am sorry you have to carry a tank around.

• Eric locked this topic