So Trayvon Martin's mother was in PGH tonight

ARP

Local news covered it. And flat misrepresented the facts of the case. Failed to mention that Trayvon was trying to break the skull of George Zimmerman on the sidewalk before he was shot. Of course she was playing the victim card. And the local news agreed with her, based upon the slant they covered the story with.

Now my opinion of Zimmerman is that he bit off more than he could chew, ie brought this situation on himself, but Trayvon accelerated it waaaay beyond reason trying to beat Zimmerman to death and it ended up costing him his life. 

Edited by ARP
  • Like 1

Notice there's been nothing heard from Z-man recently? 

Remember how he was involved in confrontation after confrontation after his acquittal? All those nut-jobs harassing him? Didn't someone shoot at him during a road-rage incident?

I remember how some folks thought it was Zimmerman that was causing all those confrontations, and those confrontations showed he was the real problem. And I remember arguing he just had a huge target on his back after the acquittal. 

47 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

Notice there's been nothing heard from Z-man recently? 

Remember how he was involved in confrontation after confrontation after his acquittal? All those nut-jobs harassing him? Didn't someone shoot at him during a road-rage incident?

I remember how some folks thought it was Zimmerman that was causing all those confrontations, and those confrontations showed he was the real problem. And I remember arguing he just had a huge target on his back after the acquittal. 

Rumor has it that he kind of snapped during this entire process.  His name was drug through the mud and he caught so much **** that he basically lost it and went crazy.

The target on his back didn't help.

18 hours ago, ARP said:

Local news covered it. And flat misrepresented the facts of the case. Failed to mention that Trayvon was trying to break the skull of George Zimmerman on the sidewalk before he was shot. Of course she was playing the victim card. And the local news agreed with her, based upon the slant they covered the story with.

Now my opinion of Zimmerman is that he bit off more than he could chew, ie brought this situation on himself, but Trayvon accelerated it waaaay beyond reason trying to beat Zimmerman to death and it ended up costing him his life. 

People were defending Trayvon saying the beating didn't warrant deadly force.  However, a news article a little while later described a very similar case, where an off duty cop was jumped from behind in the same manner, and the thug was beating his head on the sidewalk, the off duty cop was either unarmed or couldn't get to his weapon, and died as a result of the beating.  This parallel case was never referred to in defending the use of deadly force.  Trayvon got what his actions deserved.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Moshe said:

Oh, we aren't doing dozens?  Well, then carry on.

I did not know that....

the dozens, Slang . a ritualized game typically engaged in by two persons each of whom attempts to outdo the other in insults directed against members of the other's family (usually used in the phrase play the dozens ).

7 hours ago, minervadoe said:

I did not know that....

Welcome back from Outer Mongolia or under a rock or wherever you've been that kept you insulated from that little cultural low-light. As a small-town, flyover country Deplorable in my seventh decade of trips around the solar orb, I just knew nobody needed to use the online Urban Dictionary as much as I do and now you've come along to set me straight that there are others just like us. Thank you...?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Dog Soldier said:

The Liberal Media chose to vindicate a Black felon?  Liberal Media threw a mixed race Hispanic under the bus?  Now is that  "Racism", ? 

Yes, a half Hispanic man was suddenly white.  He was as white as Obama.  So, using liberal logic applied to Zimmerman, Obama is now white.

• Thanks 1