State of the Union

Jammersix

23 minutes ago, Jammersix said:

Trump can tweet the SOTU - Free of charge and more effective.

Edited by Glocks4Freedom
  • Like 1

Yup.

The system was deliberately designed so that it's hard to make new law when everyone is sort of on the same side. It's like trying to drag a large boat up current at night during a rainstorm when they're not.

This "president" isn't strong enough to get anything done with two Republican houses. 

If you can't pass new law, we'll just leave things the way they are, thanks.

The Speaker spanked the "president", and he went to his corner for a time out to think about it until he agrees to end the shutdown.

"In a tweet late Wednesday night, Trump signaled a retreat, saying it was Pelosi’s “prerogative” to suggest a later date due to the shutdown."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-hell-deliver-state-of-the-union-at-the-capitol-despite-pelosis-request-to-postpone/2019/01/23/d171dfae-1f33-11e9-8e21-59a09ff1e2a1_story.html?utm_term=.be2e566ceab1

Edited by Jammersix

https://www.theblaze.com/news/trump-says-pelosi-was-actually-reasonable-so-he-agreed-to-delay-sotu-until-after-shutdown

"It's really her choice," Trump said of the decision Thursday. "I would have done it in a different location but I think that would be very disrespectful to the State of the Union to pick some other place.

"What she said, I thought, was actually reasonable. We'll have the State of the Union when the shutdown's over," Trump concluded

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/trump-says-pelosi-was-actually-reasonable-so-he-agreed-to-delay-sotu-until-after-shutdown

"It's really her choice," Trump said of the decision Thursday. "I would have done it in a different location but I think that would be very disrespectful to the State of the Union to pick some other place.

"What she said, I thought, was actually reasonable. We'll have the State of the Union when the shutdown's over," Trump concluded

Yet another disappointment from Trump! He should have told her to suck a bag of dicks and held it elsewhere. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, G26S239 said:

He doesn't look like a ***** at all for caving. 

I think it looks a little weak, but waiting until this major issue is over until giving the SOTU also seems reasonable to me.

I think though, when he gives it, it should be anywhere else but there.

3 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

I think it looks a little weak, but waiting until this major issue is over until giving the SOTU also seems reasonable to me.

I agree with your point about anywhere but there. Unfortunately he appears ready to give it there when Nancy allows him to..

13 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

It seemed reasonable to delay it for political reasons. The democrat response would have been epic.

but Trump made a big deal about it and his plan to bypass Pelosi. So now he looks weak saying that she was very reasonable and he would delay it.

the left thinks that Trump is cracking up. Giving alternatives, promising spending, green cards for DACA, 800 mil for this, 805 mil for that, down payment on the wall.

Please please come talk to me.

and they are loving it

I see him as doing everything PC to appease her. He's leaving nothing to chance to give it to her in the end. (Not literally, no one would do that) but he's very cunning and none of us ever really see his next move until he makes it. 

I've stopped judging what I might perceive as a Trump failure as he seems to always make it out the other side and we all sit here nodding in agreement. 

Patience, and we will be rewarded.

34 minutes ago, Bish1309 said:

I see him as doing everything PC to appease her. He's leaving nothing to chance to give it to her in the end. (Not literally, no one would do that) but he's very cunning and none of us ever really see his next move until he makes it. 

I've stopped judging what I might perceive as a Trump failure as he seems to always make it out the other side and we all sit here nodding in agreement. 

Patience, and we will be rewarded.

All 3D chess, man

Trump is just playing them, he has a master stroke waiting for the right time...

they think they are playing him, but little do they know about the ace up his sleeve......just wait.

#dreaming