Clemson get Big Macs

Dric902

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-serves-burgers-fries-to-college-football-champions-clemson

i know, I know. MAGAMAGA and all that....but

if I’ve worked my ass off to win a national championship, and got a Big Mac.......I would be disappointed and wonder why we didn’t wait till later to do it right.

I may have played it off, laughed and joked.  But it’s not right in my opinion, and made a joke of Clemson.

its a stunt, plenty of staff working in the residence. Somebody washed the China and cleaned up the room afterwords. Trump and Melania are eating just fine, I don’t think they have had to resort to drive through.

if Trump really wanted to do it, how many restaurants does he own? Bring in his staff from any of the resorts to do it right.

It would have made a statement about him covering the tab and not been a joke.

9 hours ago, Dric902 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-serves-burgers-fries-to-college-football-champions-clemson

i know, I know. MAGAMAGA and all that....but

if I’ve worked my ass off to win a national championship, and got a Big Mac.......I would be disappointed and wonder why we didn’t wait till later to do it right.

I may have played it off, laughed and joked.  But it’s not right in my opinion, and made a joke of Clemson.

its a stunt, plenty of staff working in the residence. Somebody washed the China and cleaned up the room afterwords. Trump and Melania are eating just fine, I don’t think they have had to resort to drive through.

if Trump really wanted to do it, how many restaurants does he own? Bring in his staff from any of the resorts to do it right.

It would have made a statement about him covering the tab and not been a joke.

Part of me agrees with you.  But in the end it's not about the food.  It's about the tour and getting to meet the President (whether you like him or not).  I didn't even know they fed the team until this came up, honestly.

It should be noted that Trump did pay for everything out of his pocket.  I didn't think about using the staff from one of his restaurants though.  

I don't know why Trump went the route he did, but supposedly Trump loves him some Clemson.  But Trump also loves him some Trump so......

I still want to know if Christian Wilkins tried out the chair in the Oval Office.

• Like 1

It's possible that one of us in this thread is a friendly acquaintance with two of the players and after seeing all the commentary on this event reached out to get their opinion about it all.

Rumor has it that they had a great time and loved how personable the President was to them.  The visit was supposedly better than the previous one in 2017.  And, to the point of the complaints & disappointments about the fare that was served, it seems the players couldn't care less about that, but were just impressed that the President payed for it all out of his own pocket and spent time with them.

So, like Trump or hate him, prefer his politics or not, his move was a hit with the team, whatever we think or might have done differently.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

The REAL questions about this trip are:

1)  Did Trevor Lawrence get to meet Ivanka?

2)  Did they trade hair secrets?

(Even us Clemson fans have fun about Trevor's hair)

I don't actually follow the Tigers.  The Championship game was the first one I watched all season.  I had to ask my wife when Sunshine joined the team.

And, while I have no connection to him, it seems he also liked the food:

https://nypost.com/2019/01/15/trevor-lawrence-was-a-big-fan-of-trumps-fast-food-feast/

1 hour ago, Maccabeus said:

I don't actually follow the Tigers.  The Championship game was the first one I watched all season.  I had to ask my wife when Sunshine joined the team.

And, while I have no connection to him, it seems he also liked the food:

https://nypost.com/2019/01/15/trevor-lawrence-was-a-big-fan-of-trumps-fast-food-feast/

FYI - Lawrence HATES the nickname Sunshine.

We Clemson fans prefer Lord Trevor.  Or The Truth.

(One could say he was the way, the truth, and the light, and Clemson doesn't make it to the playoffs except through him - but that might be pushing it.)

• Haha 1