WTF is wrong with this chicken?

Al Czervik

" Raw poultry can vary from a bluish-white to yellow. All of these colors are normal and are a direct result of breed, exercise, age, and/or diet. Younger poultry has less fat under the skin, which can cause the bluish cast, and the yellow skin could be a result of marigolds in the feed. " https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets/meat-preparation/the-color-of-meat-and-poultry/the-color-of-meat-and-poultry/ct_index

40 minutes ago, nitesite said:

What's wrong with that chicken is that it isn't already in the garbage.

It went in the garbage just after the photo.

10 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

" Raw poultry can vary from a bluish-white to yellow. All of these colors are normal and are a direct result of breed, exercise, age, and/or diet. Younger poultry has less fat under the skin, which can cause the bluish cast, and the yellow skin could be a result of marigolds in the feed. " https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets/meat-preparation/the-color-of-meat-and-poultry/the-color-of-meat-and-poultry/ct_index

This is different.  Most of the bird was normal looking.   But, the tenders were yellow, bloody, and the texture was wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Kirkland organic whole chickens/two pack.  One was fine, the other was as you saw.

Yeah,

I would be emailing and attaching the pics.

they may have dodged a lawsuit by happenstance of you getting it rather than some snowflake with a lawyer.

Chinese chicken?

Chickity China the Chinese chicken
You have a drumstick and your brain stops tickin'
Watchin X-Files with no lights on,
We're dans la maison
I hope the Smoking Man's in this one
Like Harrison Ford I'm getting Frantic
Like Sting I'm Tantric
Like Snickers, guaranteed to satisfy

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Yeah,

I would be emailing and attaching the pics.

they may have dodged a lawsuit by happenstance of you getting it rather than some snowflake with a lawyer.

My lawyer would say, "WTF is a few bucks to you?  Now drop off a bottle of Walker Blue to Meghan at the front desk.  Let's fish when it warms up."

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

It needs to be mechanically separated.

yum.

I've run over turkeys and snakes with swathers and combines.  They were mechanically separated.  ?

The best was about a 7' diamondback that was striking the swather reel looking back as it tried to out run it....until the reel did what it was supposed to do and tucked the fat snake into the sickle, through the rollers, and out the back side.  I had to stop and walk back to the still writhing serpent and give him a Nelson HAHA!

• Haha 1