Senior beaten by another passenger while taking transit for elderly, disabled

pipedreams

Sad, real sad...................

"Hanka Fogelman was left bloodied and bruised after a public transportation service for the elderly and disabled put her in a vehicle with a stranger who turned violent — a man Fogelman says the cab driver knew could be dangerous.

The 92-year-old Montreal woman, who is a Holocaust survivor, says as soon as she got into the back seat the driver warned her about the young man sitting next to her."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/92-year-old-beaten-using-public-transit-for-elderly-1.4971728

• Sad 3

Things of that nature are foreboding, and promise a more dangerous future for the elderly. It is already risky for them and it will get worse, and we are in barbaric times.

If I ever witness anything like that, I will up the side of the punks head, with a knife. If it happens to me, that just means that I go after a punk, that much quicker. I am 60+, and I won't live in fear.

Edited by Suspect Unknown
  • Like 6

49 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Why was a young man even on a transit service for the elderly?  And for the record, that's another one that should be taken out and shot.  There is no possible excuse for beating up on a 92 year old woman.

It's Canada.  They will give a Country Club dormitory jail and regular hugs.

• Like 3

"Insp. André Durocher told Go Public the man has an intellectual disability and won't be charged."

This is why these things happen, because we as a society and those who supposedly represent us are too willing to tolerate it. When there are no consequences for those who brutalize others the perpetrators will continue to do so. 

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't trade places with him in spite of this "immunity".

And it's entirely possible that punishment will have no effect. Not now, not ever.

The only item left is to protect the rest of us from him, and he may be in that process-- he wasn't on public transit.

Edited by Jammersix

12 minutes ago, Jammersix said:

I wouldn't trade places with him in spite of this "immunity".

And it's entirely possible that punishment will have no effect. Not now, not ever.

The only item left is to protect the rest of us from him, and he may be in that process-- he wasn't on public transit.

Why are you trying so hard to rationalize that this is acceptable and no one is at fault? It's that typically "liberal"accepting and tolarant attitude that is allowing things like this to happen. apparently the taxi driver shared your attitude and didn't intervene.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 3

Read this carefully, in it's entirety. Then take five minutes of quiet time to consider what you read.

40 minutes ago, Jammersix said:

Because it's not a service for the elderly. It's a service for the elderly and the disabled.

Kill him.

Why are you trying so hard to twist what I post?

(No answer needed. Have the best day you can!)

Edited by Jammersix

On 1/14/2019 at 3:51 PM, Borg warner said:

"Insp. André Durocher told Go Public the man has an intellectual disability and won't be charged."

This is why these things happen, because we as a society and those who supposedly represent us are too willing to tolerate it. When there are no consequences for those who brutalize others the perpetrators will continue to do so. 

Too bad for his disability. The POS should be executed.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 11:59 AM, Bish1309 said:

Unless you are a potential demo-crap vote.

On 1/16/2019 at 12:20 PM, Huaco Kid said:

Since our society has largely eliminated natural selection, yeah, you pretty much do.

You are right. I should say that he shouldn't get a pass just because he's stupid.

• Like 2