This is crazy! Japan’s railways!

pipedreams

The video is sped up a bit, so not so much precision as led to believe, but still, the Japanese pride themselves on precision and order.  I took the trains multiple times and if the schedule said the train was going to arrive at Fusso station at 7:15, then it was at Fusso station at precisely 7:15.

My daughter said the trains are rarely late.  Once, it was about 45 seconds late and people started looking around and getting worried looks on their faces.  There was a security alert for some unknown reason that caused less than a minute delay and you would of thought that everybody just lost a loved one.  It was a bit creepy.

On the trains, no one talks, no one smiles, there are no selfies or pictures being taken.  Except for Americans and Europeans...

-gJ9hxh-QWCFdu7jyai19w.jpg.f728fa66af3bc681d6bc96019dda32b5.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Citra47 said:

Don't know. We took trains a couple times in Japan.  They were just regular trains with no seats left and very little standing room left.

I remember seeing videos of people hired to just push passengers into the cars so the door can close.  I believe they referred to them as "packers".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, janice6 said:

I remember seeing videos of people hired to just push passengers into the cars so the door can close.  I believe they referred to them as "packers".

I didn't notice any of them but they could have been there. Even though the cars were packed, the people were very courteous. 

1 minute ago, Citra47 said:

I didn't notice any of them but they could have been there. Even though the cars were packed, the people were very courteous. 

I don't remember if it involved trains or subways, just that shoving the mass into too small a bag was the norm, not the exception.

I read an article long ago about the density of the population in major cities in Japan, and the social requirement to simply ignore the other guy, tolerate inconveniences and remain stoic in spite of the loss of personal space.  People there have to have considerable restraint to simply put up with being jammed into each other while not admitting to it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The video is sped up a bit, so not so much precision as led to believe, but still, the Japanese pride themselves on precision and order.  I took the trains multiple times and if the schedule said the train was going to arrive at Fusso station at 7:15, then it was at Fusso station at precisely 7:15.
My daughter said the trains are rarely late.  Once, it was about 45 seconds late and people started looking around and getting worried looks on their faces.  There was a security alert for some unknown reason that caused less than a minute delay and you would of thought that everybody just lost a loved one.  It was a bit creepy.
On the trains, no one talks, no one smiles, there are no selfies or pictures being taken.  Except for Americans and Europeans...
-gJ9hxh-QWCFdu7jyai19w.jpg.f728fa66af3bc681d6bc96019dda32b5.jpg

The extreme tension experienced by the Japanese citizens when riding their Rail System is due to their ever present fear that...............wait for it...............Yes! Godzilla will DESTROY THE TRAIN!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And they sell soiled panties out of vending machines... 

I heard that there are kiosks in the train stations with changing rooms where they freely exchange clean panties for soiled, then they sell the soiled ones from the storefronts of the kiosks..... (they charge double for soiled panties from round eyed women).

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, C_Hallbert said:

I heard that there are kiosks in the train stations with changing rooms where they freely exchange clean panties for soiled, then they sell the soiled ones from the storefronts of the kiosks..... (they charge double for soiled panties from round eyed women).

Ewwuu!!!

8 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

Why wouldn't it be?  The only concern I have is if one of the moving track pieces gets stuck, do they have enough time to stop.

If it’s anything like normal rail operation, when the track switches it completes a circuit or the train won’t get a signal/power to proceed.

fake news is fairly easy to spot with a few second of thinking.

On 1/12/2019 at 10:43 PM, C_Hallbert said:

The extreme tension experienced by the Japanese citizens when riding their Rail System is due to their ever present fear that...............wait for it...............Yes! GODZIRRA will DESTROY THE TRAIN!!!!

FIFY