Nitric oxide supplements, anyone try them? results?

ARP

I hear and read about these, all sorts of variety out there. Super beets seem to be the most advertised and probably the most expensive due to the heavy ad campaign. I'm most interested in results or experience if any or are they snake oil? Have never tried them, but I'm always trying to keep myself educated on stuff like this. GNC has something out these days that The Big Hurt Frank Thomas is pushing, Neugenix I think. Saw a review by some guy that chemically broke down the ingredients and his opinion......snake earl.

32 minutes ago, ARP said:

I hear and read about these, all sorts of variety out there. Super beets seem to be the most advertised and probably the most expensive due to the heavy ad campaign. I'm most interested in results or experience if any or are they snake oil? Have never tried them, but I'm always trying to keep myself educated on stuff like this. GNC has something out these days that The Big Hurt Frank Thomas is pushing, Neugenix I think. Saw a review by some guy that chemically broke down the ingredients and his opinion......snake earl.

I dunno, but the dead hooker in G30's trailer was taking something like that.  :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

actually, looking for something to replace/reduce use of caffeine.

I use 5hr energy when working to retain alertness, works very well. However, when not working I don't use any caffeine. And it seems that I get headaches from the withdrawal  of not having caffeine. It goes in cycles, if working a lot, I will use the 5 hr more often. And it will get bad enough to mess with sleep cycle so I have to use an over the counter sleep aid to get to sleep. Good example is now, I should have been asleep an hour ago, was trying to go to sleep without supplements, just took a otc sleep aid and 10mg melatonin.  So I'm looking for something different. Some of the supplements have niacin which dilates the blood vessels and promotes blood flow. I get this with the 5 hr, I feel myself breathing easier when I take a sip of the 5 hr, which is my signal to not take any more unless needed.

I have not fully read the ingredients on many of the products.

Edited by ARP
  • Like 1

"I tried inhaling Nitrous Oxide gas back in the seventies"

Get a can of ReddiWip, it's powered with laughing gas. It took me a while to figure out why the 7-11 near my house sold cases of the stuff and the cans would be littering the street on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, NPTim said:

I’ve heard of it’s use in the treatment of neuropathy. I have yet to hear of it working. It’s wicked expensive **** though.

The Super Beets stuff is really expensive due to the advertising they do. I was looking at the other products on line that did not appear to be too bad. I don't think or at least have not read if you need to take it all the time or just when needed. If it is an all the time, I would not do that. It may be a situation where I'll try  bottle and give it an up or down vote. Not expecting a miracle, but if it fights off the mid afternoon fatigue when I need that, might be a option.

I've never had a 5hr.  I've had several Rock Stars,  and each time they made my heart almost explode, and made me feel like a caged animal that couldn't get loose.

I get up early, work hard, play hard (Work like a pirate / Party like a captain!) and sleep like a dead man.

(I once saw a guy at the quicky-mart early in the morning.  He was dumpy, cheap wrinkled suit, tie and hair all messed up.  At the cash register he grabbed some of the 5hr.  Then grabbed some more.  Then slid the whole box up.  Then took the whole unopened box, underneath.  I wondered if that was one day's worth.  He probably needed something else to sleep.  Rinse.  Repeat.)

12 hours ago, Borg warner said:

I tried inhaling Nitrous Oxide gas back in the seventies, It was kind of  a nice high but little did we know back then that it had any kind of health benefit.

Large amounts of Nitrous Oxide attacks bone marrow among other things.

• Like 1

Supplements are poorly regulated and there's a good chance that the ingredients were sourced outside the US, probably China. There is a history of China providing false certificates of analysis and in some cases substituting inexpensive ingredients and or chemicals that can spoof as the more expensive ingredient. I'd take a hard pass.

• Like 1

Was reading some more, the NO works sort of like nitro glycerin tablets, dialates blood vessels, hence more blood flow. That is what I feel with the niacin that is in the 5hr energy. Why I feel as though I am breathing easier. I am buying the 5 hr in a 10 pack box for $18, go thru about a box a month.