Jayme Closs, Wisconsin teen missing since last October, found alive, suspect in custody

TBO

Yeah, I haven't found any indication otherwise in the couple of articles I read, but M&P15T said he'd thought he'd read somewhere that they did.  Just going off of that assumption.

Latest press conference said no connection. Closest to a connection is suspect worked 2 days at the same large turkey processing plant as the parents. No known connection there either.

Unemployed at time of arrest.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

• Like 2

The only known connection at this time between the Closs family and Patterson is tenuous at best. Steve Lykken, president at Jennie-O Turkey Store in Barron, said James and Denise Closs worked together at the plant for 27 years.

Their employment very briefly overlapped with Patterson’s, as Lykken confirmed: “Nearly three years ago, Jake Patterson was hired one day but quit the next, citing that he was moving from the area. He has not been employed with Jennie-O since then.”

Acknowledging Patterson’s brief employment, Fitzgerald confirmed there was no evidence of the suspect ever interacting with the Closs family, in person or electronically.

Patterson’s motivations remain a mystery, but Fitzgerald said his intent appears clear.

“The subject planned his actions and took many proactive steps to hide his identity from law enforcement and the general public,” he said, noting Patterson had shaved his head to avoid leaving hair, among other apparent precautions.

Officials said Patterson is a Gordon resident and was not employed. He has no criminal record, according to law enforcement and a search of Wisconsin and Minnesota databases.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PNWguy said:

Then he should have been one of the original people contacted by the police and interviewed.  You would think that if he was deranged enough to murder a family and kidnap a 13yr old girl, then he would have put off enough weird vibes for the cops to fully check him and his house out before moving on.

My brother is a Detective, and he has told me about cases he's worked where he started looking hard at a suspect just because of "bad vibes" and they proved accurate.

Bad vibes or in the vernacular "your gut" keeps you alive, and able size someone up pretty quickly.

• Like 2

Barron County Sheriff Christopher Fitzgerald said he does not believe her kidnapper took her across state lines. Authorities are trying to track down their movements over the past three months to see what they can learn.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/jayme-closs-investigators-tracking-down-movements-of-kidnap-suspect/ar-BBSaAP3?li=BBnbfcL

• Like 2

Patterson states that he was stopped behind a school bus and saw J get in the bus.
that was all it took for her to be selected for kidnapping and the murder of her parents.

Scumbag saw her getting on a school bus, and at that moment knew that she was the one that he would abduct.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/01/14/jayme-closs-suspect-wisconsin-killings-kidnapping-due-in-court-jamie/

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, TBO said:

Scumbag saw her getting on a school bus, and at that moment knew that she was the one that he would abduct.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/01/14/jayme-closs-suspect-wisconsin-killings-kidnapping-due-in-court-jamie/

Tells me that he was on the edge of doing it, just needed a trigger. Could have been a smile, hair, anything.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:00 PM, PNWguy said:

Then he should have been one of the original people contacted by the police and interviewed.  You would think that if he was deranged enough to murder a family and kidnap a 13yr old girl, then he would have put off enough weird vibes for the cops to fully check him and his house out before moving on.

My brother is a Detective, and he has told me about cases he's worked where he started looking hard at a suspect just because of "bad vibes" and they proved accurate.

I'm betting his parents sheltered him. Hell he had no employment. Lived in his dad's cabin.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/jayme-closs-to-get-reward-for-saving-self

Wisconsin kidnapping victim Jayme Closs will receive a $25,000 reward for rescuing herself after months in captivity. The company that employed the 13-year-old's parents pledged the money and released a statement saying it hoped a trust fund could help assist with the orphaned teenager's needs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1