Jayme Closs, Wisconsin teen missing since last October, found alive, suspect in custody

TBO

I would think the girl would be able to positively identify the suspect. I can only hope that justice is served. But I also hope that the girls survives mentally after having her parents murdered and after being held prisoner by some creep.

I hope there is a follow-up to this story.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 6

The police and politicians had an endless press conference thanking each other for saving this child?  They claimed their investigations were successful? 

What did their investigations have to do with this?  The girl escaped after 88 days with no help. She was quickly taken care of by civilians. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Dog Soldier said:

The police and politicians had an endless press conference thanking each other for saving this child?  They claimed their investigations were successful? 

What did their investigations have to do with this?  The girl escaped after 88 days with no help. She was quickly taken care of by civilians. 

That's typical. I helped rescue a guy with a broken leg off a mountain. Hauled a stretcher with a wheel 3 miles up and then 4 of us brought him out on that stretcher. When we hit the parking lot and loaded him in the waiting ambulance, the press, who had been sitting there the entire time, ran over and interviewed the deputy who had also been parked there the entire time. No one asked us rescuers a single question. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/jayme-closs-details-emerge-after-wisconsin-teen-vanished-for-three-months

21 year old weirdo with no priors if I read that right.  No known contact before the murders and kidnapping. Must have seen her on social media and because obsessed.

Bad guys don’t usually jump into double murder and kidnapping as a first offense. He may not have an “arrest” record.

• Like 5

"In cases like this we often need a big break,” said Justin Tolomeo, special agent in charge of the Milwaukee FBI. “It was Jayme herself who gave us that break.”

Douglas County Sheriff Tom Dalbec confirmed that a woman walking her dog first encountered Jayme, who had managed to escape around 4:30 p.m.. He said the woman brought her to a neighboring residence and they called 911.

Within minutes, deputies located a vehicle matching a description given by Jayme, Dalbec said. They made a traffic stop, arresting Patterson without incident

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Bad guys don’t usually jump into double murder and kidnapping as a first offense. He may not have an “arrest” record.

Not arguing that.  This is the reason I used priors. For example, sex offenders are only on the registery after they are caught.

• Like 1

"It was a great day," said Douglas County Sheriff Tom Dalbec.

He credited the neighbor Closs approached for making sure she got to the phone and called 911 right away.

"Our biggest role in it yesterday was locating the suspect and arresting him," Dalbec said.

1 hour ago, TBO said:

"In cases like this we often need a big break,” said Justin Tolomeo, special agent in charge of the Milwaukee FBI. “It was Jayme herself who gave us that break.”

Douglas County Sheriff Tom Dalbec confirmed that a woman walking her dog first encountered Jayme, who had managed to escape around 4:30 p.m.. He said the woman brought her to a neighboring residence and they called 911.

Within minutes, deputies located a vehicle matching a description given by Jayme, Dalbec said. They made a traffic stop, arresting Patterson without incident

It seems the young lady had some good luck. The first lady she encountered walking her dog was a retired officer. She retired as a Child Welfare officer after 30 years of service. She recognized the victim right away. She proceeded to get the victim into a safe house. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, refugeepj said:

now crucify that "suspect"

You're too kind.  Someone who murders a family, kidnaps and rapes a little girl deserves specialized treatment.  The reader's digest version, is I would feed him his appendages while he was still alive.  Then when he was a stump, do a live vivisection. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, M&P15T said:

I read some article that said he did work at their house.

Then he should have been one of the original people contacted by the police and interviewed.  You would think that if he was deranged enough to murder a family and kidnap a 13yr old girl, then he would have put off enough weird vibes for the cops to fully check him and his house out before moving on.

My brother is a Detective, and he has told me about cases he's worked where he started looking hard at a suspect just because of "bad vibes" and they proved accurate.

• Like 1

Then he should have been one of the original people contacted by the police and interviewed.  You would think that if he was deranged enough to murder a family and kidnap a 13yr old girl, then he would have put off enough weird vibes for the cops to fully check him and his house out before moving on.
My brother is a Detective, and he has told me about cases he's worked where he started looking hard at a suspect just because of "bad vibes" and they proved accurate.
Suspect had no direct ties to victims.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TBO said:

Suspect had no direct ties to victims.

Yeah, I haven't found any indication otherwise in the couple of articles I read, but M&P15T said he'd thought he'd read somewhere that they did.  Just going off of that assumption.