Added finger grooves to my Gen 5.

PNWguy

Loved how my Gen 4 G19 felt in my hand with the finger grooves.  Got the new Gen 5 and it feels fine, but thought I'd try and find a grip sleeve that added finger grooves.  Tried a Hogue and it added a palm swell that was no bueno.  

Found the Pachmyr version but they didn't make them for Gen 5 Glocks.  Looked at the different versions and ordered one for the P99 and it fit perfectly.  Feels good and now I have finger grooves.  It is pretty neutral as far as feel, but I like the thought that a Gen 5 with finger grooves will cause some heads to explode.  The one thing that is a little irritating is that they added the Pachmyr logo to a more obtrusive location and it is more pronounced than on the one I put on my XDS.  Stupid.  Hopefully I can ground it down a bit.

qPqzflVpQTCOzOvIKJJ5vQ.jpg.79b7c2c4c569aabb5dccb85f84dcf862.jpg

I did that with my 10mm MOS, and I was getting jams.  Once it was removed, not a problem.  Hopefully you don't have the same problem,  I prefer to have Pachmyr grips on my revolvers.

Edited by Moshe
  • Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 4:20 PM, PNWguy said:

Loved how my Gen 4 G19 felt in my hand with the finger grooves.  Got the new Gen 5 and it feels fine, but thought I'd try and find a grip sleeve that added finger grooves.  Tried a Hogue and it added a palm swell that was no bueno.  

Found the Pachmyr version but they didn't make them for Gen 5 Glocks.  Looked at the different versions and ordered one for the P99 and it fit perfectly.  Feels good and now I have finger grooves.  It is pretty neutral as far as feel, but I like the thought that a Gen 5 with finger grooves will cause some heads to explode.  The one thing that is a little irritating is that they added the Pachmyr logo to a more obtrusive location and it is more pronounced than on the one I put on my XDS.  Stupid.  Hopefully I can ground it down a bit.

qPqzflVpQTCOzOvIKJJ5vQ.jpg.79b7c2c4c569aabb5dccb85f84dcf862.jpg

Those finger grooves look like they were made for someone with REALLY skinny fingers. That's basically what I don't like about the Glock finger grooves. It's like they we not made for the average human hand. It's as if they were made for extra terrestrials or something.

et.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My number one rule for modifying a Glock is don't do anything that can't be undone. I admit that I'm at a loss in adding finger grooves to a Gen 5. To me, the lack of finger grooves would seem to be the biggest draw to the newest generation. A slip on grip sleeve qualifies in my approved mods. For MY use, the Gen 5s seem to be one step forward with two steps back. Adding finger grooves changes that math to the negative. Three steps back.

17 hours ago, TeaDub said:

My number one rule for modifying a Glock is don't do anything that can't be undone. I admit that I'm at a loss in adding finger grooves to a Gen 5. To me, the lack of finger grooves would seem to be the biggest draw to the newest generation. A slip on grip sleeve qualifies in my approved mods. For MY use, the Gen 5s seem to be one step forward with two steps back. Adding finger grooves changes that math to the negative. Three steps back.

I always thought the Gen 5's were one step forward, (removal of finger grooves) and one step back. (addition of front mag cut-out) I'm curious to know what you consider the other drawback of the gen 5. I don't like the ambi slide stop but some people do. I just think it should be optional, same as forward slide serrations and color combinations.

1 hour ago, Borg warner said:

I always thought the Gen 5's were one step forward, (removal of finger grooves) and one step back. (addition of front mag cut-out) I'm curious to know what you consider the other drawback of the gen 5. I don't like the ambi slide stop but some people do. I just think it should be optional, same as forward slide serrations and color combinations.

I'm not "anti" 5th Gen guns. I just have no interest in them. The largest negative for me is the ambi slide stop. I'm a lefty BTW. It looks clunky, adds width and caused the loss of the third frame pin. The new barrel and reports of the short throat causing occasional feeding issues also seems like a negative for me. I'm also not a fan of the slippery feel to the finish on the slide. None of it's issues are major. They just don't seem like progress. YMMV.

Edited by TeaDub
  • Like 1